News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AOOSTAR GEM12 Pro gaming mini PC launches with AMD Ryzen 7 8845HS, built-in screen, and fingerprint reader

Started by Redaktion, March 01, 2024, 18:52:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Tianbao, also known as AOOSTAR in the international markets, has launched a new gaming mini PC in China. Called GEM12 Pro, the computer packs the latest AMD Ryzen 7 8845HS processor, has a built-in screen that can output a broad range of info, and features a fingerprint scanner for quick and secure unlocking.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AOOSTAR-GEM12-Pro-gaming-mini-PC-launches-with-AMD-Ryzen-7-8845HS-built-in-screen-and-fingerprint-reader.809159.0.html

heffeque

Not sure what the screen is for other than adding something else that consumes CPU/GPU resources (uselessly).
I'm assuming teenagers might like it.

Julian M

Not sure either what the screen is for, seems like a solution looking for a problem to fix (these aren't production servers that need to display statuses).

Also, can we stop making the iGPU as game-worthy already? No matter how one puts it, the 780M is good for old games at best, not anywhere near capable of delivering a decent experience to those attempting to play triple-A games tho.

Isaias Velez

The screen I can definitely agree with,its stupid. But bro a quick Google on the benchmarks for z1 extreme will show AAA games can confortably be played with this as the z1 extreme in the rog ally does this with the help of FSR with a limit of 35w tdp plugged in. The z1 extreme is technically a little bit slower than this so..(wattage restraints) Maybe not going to push over 60 fps in cyberpunk but 45+fps at 1080 is very playable. Thats what I get on the rog ally. I drop it to 900p still looks great and runs EVERY AAA GAME flawlessly. Modern warfare 2 for ex runs 120fps and looks great at, med settings, fsr3 enabled. This machine has double the TDP (won't amount to doubling the frame rate but where have you been the last year or two) steam deck killers are plentiful with amds new APUs. Older games play well at 10 to 15w GTA V 90fps @10w!

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview