News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nubia Music smartphone promises 600% higher volume and two headphone jacks

Started by Redaktion, February 27, 2024, 15:16:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With the Nubia Music, ZTE presents an interesting mid-range smartphone that is clearly aimed at music lovers with its vinyl-like design, extremely powerful speakers, and two 3.5 mm headphone jacks.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nubia-Music-smartphone-promises-600-higher-volume-and-two-headphone-jacks.807867.0.html

Alfons

I love how they oppose this useless trend of removing headphone jacks.

Headphone jacks are awesome, simple, never break, support everything.

I dont even find a DAC for my Pixel, hey Google, wtf? Its not a problem to reintroduce the headphone jack in the Pixel 8a ;D

Bluetooth is so much worse, less reliable, worse quality, and the headphones you already have dont work! Also using Bluetooth or USB is such a security downgrade, nobody hacks you over a headphone jack, while this is possible over bluetooth or a universal serial bus.

That phone will likely not meet the security requirements of GrapheneOS, but I love their dedication.

Varu

Quote from: Alfons on February 28, 2024, 13:30:46I love how they oppose this useless trend of removing headphone jacks.

Headphone jacks are awesome, simple, never break, support everything.

I dont even find a DAC for my Pixel, hey Google, wtf? Its not a problem to reintroduce the headphone jack in the Pixel 8a ;D

Bluetooth is so much worse, less reliable, worse quality, and the headphones you already have dont work! Also using Bluetooth or USB is such a security downgrade, nobody hacks you over a headphone jack, while this is possible over bluetooth or a universal serial bus.

That phone will likely not meet the security requirements of GrapheneOS, but I love their dedication.

I totally agree with you Alfo!
Bluetooth audio is just a scam.
Bluetooth lose quality of audio.
I am also using Pixel 8pro. I found DAC you can find Samsung. C type to Audio jack converter. It supposed to be around €15

TJ

I like it!  No mention of SD card capabilities though. I would think a phone that is geared to music lovers would have an SD card to download a lot of music onto. I love the dual headphone jacks!  Why everything followed apple with the deletion of the headphone jacks is beyond me. I literally just went away from the 3.5mm jack from my old phone and have a pixel 8 pro, love the phone, but I miss the headphone jack. Wife misses it too because she used to use her wired earbuds all the time and she got the pixel 8 pro along with me 2 weeks ago.

HSES

Quote from: Alfons on February 28, 2024, 13:30:46That phone will likely not meet the security requirements of GrapheneOS

Almost no phone meets the requirements of that OS tho. I genuinely think they only care about Pixels only, don't even try porting it to anything else. Also fewer and fewer devices these days allow bootloader unlocking which is making it difficult.

Personally, not really a headphone person and much prefer something like a SD Express slot which would benefit almost everyone. Although headphone jacks are getting rarer and rarer you can still find them on some phones whereas support for SD Express doesn't even exist.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview