News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Thinner Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Gen 5 loses AMD option, gains X1 Carbon design features

Started by Redaktion, February 26, 2024, 00:01:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new thin and lightweight ThinkPad T14s G5 is a major redesign of this thin and lightweight laptop. Importantly, Lenovo axes the AMD version of this model, going Intel-only. The new design focuses on making the device smaller and minimizing screen bezels.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Thinner-Lenovo-ThinkPad-T14s-Gen-5-loses-AMD-option-gains-X1-Carbon-design-features.807244.0.html

Ham Burger

Intel is always over heating... and that copilot key, that's so fascist... there's a lot of Thinkpad Linux users, I guess I'll buy two penguin stickers this time. FU MS

NikoB

Intel has already come to its senses in MeteorLake - by sharply reducing consumption. But along with consumption, as tests have shown, the performance of even the new Ultra 9 H has fallen below the AMD chips of the 5625U level 3 years ago...

But AMD deliberately does not increase its market share and does not slow down mass deliveries for a simple reason - in the dumping war (to take Intel's market share), it obviously loses and does not have a powerful reserve of money for this war. Wars are sometimes won not by those who are better (unless, of course, the difference is so striking that it outweighs the lack of resources in a war of attrition), but by those who came to the moment of war with more resources...

Well, we must take into account that AMD, in fact, has always been Intel's lining against antimonopoly officials, as proof for the latter of the presence of "competition." In the x86 sector, in fact, there has been no real powerful competition for more than 15 years. Intel with 75% of the market and its constant shadow - AMD.

EN

Rykelley

I would love to do more out-of-the-box li ux options than just on the X1 Carbon. Although I do love it. I wonder when Linux will be an option on the g12; I am testing the ultra processor on an Asus, and I'm impressed so far

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview