News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple doubles the advertised battery life of the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro

Started by Redaktion, February 20, 2024, 23:22:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The batteries of the Apple iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro are said to have a significantly longer service life than Apple originally advertised, as internal tests have reevaluated the number of charging cycles the battery can withstand before its capacity drops to 80%.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-doubles-the-advertised-battery-life-of-the-iPhone-15-and-iPhone-15-Pro.805340.0.html

anan

I wonder how does this track with recent articles that iPhone 14 and 15 are experiencing higher battery degradation that previous models? E.g.: from NBC article "Apple using cheaper batteries in iPhone 14 and 15 series that degrade more quickly says tipster" (it seems that I cannot post links on NBC anymore)
Other publications have been reporting similar experiences as well.

lmao

Quote from: anan on February 21, 2024, 10:46:19I wonder how does this track with recent articles that iPhone 14 and 15 are experiencing higher battery degradation that previous models? E.g.: from NBC article "Apple using cheaper batteries in iPhone 14 and 15 series that degrade more quickly says tipster" (it seems that I cannot post links on NBC anymore)
Other publications have been reporting similar experiences as well.
why u dont trust "tipster" bro

iphone/macbook owners deliberately kill their batteries to go lower than 80% capacity before applecare ends because they are eligible for free replacement.
topics like this one are not uncommon on reddit.
www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/zkhggx/trying_to_get_battery_health_to_79_percent/

so all those "degradation" statistics are jack s***, my day one 15promax is still 100%

NikoB

This is a lie from Apple - I previously personally saw on their website public information on old models, where they declared the same data on batteries of 1000 cycles and 80%. =)

Apple is clearly incapable of innovation in batteries. Where are the 2000+ cycles and 30% increased capacity promised by a bunch of startups? I do not see her.

lmao

Quote from: NikoB on February 21, 2024, 16:44:33I previously personally saw on their website public information on old models, where they declared the same data on batteries of 1000 cycles and 80%. =)
i am interested in seeing that.
any proof in internet archives?

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview