News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Insane AMD Zen 5 single-core performance bump on cards as leaked Cinebench R23 result blasts Ryzen 9 7950X

Started by Redaktion, February 19, 2024, 14:51:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD's Zen 5 processors could bring an insane single-core IPC uplift per a leaked Cinebench R23 single-core benchmark result. The single-threaded score puts Zen 5 miles ahead of the current AMD flagship while comfortably beating the 14th-gen Intel showrunner.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Insane-AMD-Zen-5-single-core-performance-bump-on-cards-as-leaked-Cinebench-R23-result-blasts-Ryzen-9-7950X.804679.0.html

bogus

Every sane person knows that +40% by an evolutionary arch is not going to happen. Plus AMD officially announced Zen5 for H2 2024.

Andrew4567

I don't believe that, I wonder why they haven't used Cinebench R24, R23 is outdated version. Still majority of people just buy Intel as always, same with corporations and institutions. Intel sell a tons of more cpu's that are much more reliable than amd that where their cpu's always just burn themselves with motherboard.

rs

Quote from: Andrew4567 on February 19, 2024, 16:18:47I don't believe that, I wonder why they haven't used Cinebench R24, R23 is outdated version. Still majority of people just buy Intel as always, same with corporations and institutions. Intel sell a tons of more cpu's that are much more reliable than amd that where their cpu's always just burn themselves with motherboard.
What a load of BS. I've been using a lot of AMD and Intel systems side by side for almost 25 years. I've never experienced less reliability with AMD. And I've never had a burnt AMD CPU. But fact is, Intel faces more security issues than AMD. AMD also wins market share from Intel since the launch of Zen back in 2017. From about 18% back then to about 36% today, twice as much. Simply because consumers have more and more trust in better AMD products.
And it's not about believing. Zen 5 is a "grounds up" architecture. Not as radical as the first Zen generation compared to its predecessor Bulldozer. Which shows a single core performance uplift of 70-80% in CB R23. But Zen 5 will be a much wider architecture than Zen 4, having like 50-100% more units in important areas. So, why should 40% not believable? If you look at what Zen 5 will change compared to its predecessor it's absolutely believable. Especially if it's just one benchmark. That one can always scale better or worse with improvements. The average improvements are another story.

rs

Quote from: bogus on February 19, 2024, 15:47:12Your clickbait-lie-headlines machined by ignorant writers are a shame for tech journalism. Every sane person knows that +40% by an evolutionary arch is not going to happen. Plus AMD officially announced Zen5 for H2 2024. How do you feel after a 8 hours writing such s***?
Zen 5 is more than just "evolutionary". AMD clearly said it's a "grounds up" architecture and a lot wider then previous Zen generations. So, a quite significant uplift in IPC wouldn't be surprising. Also, AMD underperforms in CB R23 right now. A bigger uplift here than the average uplift wouldn't be a surprise too.

LifePo7

Quote from: rs on February 19, 2024, 19:36:00
Quote from: Andrew4567 on February 19, 2024, 16:18:47I don't believe that, I wonder why they haven't used Cinebench R24, R23 is outdated version. Still majority of people just buy Intel as always, same with corporations and institutions. Intel sell a tons of more cpu's that are much more reliable than amd that where their cpu's always just burn themselves with motherboard.
What a load of BS. I've been using a lot of AMD and Intel systems side by side for almost 25 years. I've never experienced less reliability with AMD. And I've never had a burnt AMD CPU. But fact is, Intel faces more security issues than AMD. AMD also wins market share from Intel since the launch of Zen back in 2017. From about 18% back then to about 36% today, twice as much. Simply because consumers have more and more trust in better AMD products.
And it's not about believing. Zen 5 is a "grounds up" architecture. Not as radical as the first Zen generation compared to its predecessor Bulldozer. Which shows a single core performance uplift of 70-80% in CB R23. But Zen 5 will be a much wider architecture than Zen 4, having like 50-100% more units in important areas. So, why should 40% not believable? If you look at what Zen 5 will change compared to its predecessor it's absolutely believable. Especially if it's just one benchmark. That one can always scale better or worse with improvements. The average improvements are another story.

If Zen5 delivers 20% better IPC I will find it very impressive.

Semiscience1

Quote from: rs on February 19, 2024, 19:36:00

Stability depends on the application. There are quite a few software packages that are still only stable on nvidia + intel.

heffeque

Quote from: Semiscience1 on February 19, 2024, 21:20:45Stability depends on the application. There are quite a few software packages that are still only stable on nvidia + intel.
Stability depends on the application. There are quite a few software packages that are still only stable on Matrox + AMD.

Russel

WoW.
Reliable for what?
Having multiple times more security vulnerabilities (and selling the chips for years knowingly ?)
Being a replacement for your heater?
Or being consistent with anticompetitive, anti-consumer practices?

Majority of people are influenced by ads and intel has such a huge presence in ads that even tech idiots have heard of i7 and i9.
Intel has retired the 'i' naming scheme and this could backfire.
Intel also has a huge advantage of having close ties with some popular companies like Microsoft and Dell. And most companies have refused to use amd chips in flagship devices even if they're miles better than even higher tier (in price) chips than intel.

Psi

QuoteI don't believe that, I wonder why they haven't used Cinebench R24, R23 is outdated version.

Quite easy to answer. People know that current gen AMD chips are around 2000 points single core on R23. Nobody knows how good 170 points are on Cinebench 2024, without looking up reviews.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview