News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Omen Transcend 16 (2024) laptop review: An RTX 4070 gaming machine with an OLED display

Started by Redaktion, February 14, 2024, 18:03:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With the Omen 16, buyers are spoiled for choice between the "normal" version and the so-called Transcend variant which, in many respects, hardly differ from one another. Read our review to discover how the 16-inch device fares against the competition.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Omen-Transcend-16-2024-laptop-review-An-RTX-4070-gaming-machine-with-an-OLED-display.802778.0.html

NikoB

You need to ask a simple question - why do the employees of this site exist and then you will get the answer why there are such strange ratings when the device itself is a complete failure.

Again, a terrible screen (and even with monstrous frames that waste the useful area of the screen cover).
Flickering, glare, monstrously poor native contrast (for OLED) and lower color resolution than stated, as well as, as usual, the inability to calibrate AMOLED with dE less than 2 (here there are generally monstrous 4+, closer to shameful screens at 45-46% NTSC). And of course burnout, which reduces the real resource by at least 1.5 times relative to IPS.

A completely idiotic keyboard (with sadness I remember the almost perfect case and normal keyboard of Omen 2018), which completely excludes the purchase of this series for work (and this immediately puts an end to mass sales of this series), as a universal laptop for home and even offices.

Disgraceful 1Gbps RJ45, at a monstrous price where anything less than 10Gbps cannot be the norm.

And to top it off, it's like an aspen stake - it's noisy.

I'm at a loss - who buys this series even for $2000? There are laptops with a much lower price and a more decent screen with 4070.

It would be interesting to see where and how HP/Dell are selling their laptops in recent years. I very much doubt that they are in mass demand at the stated prices, without discounts of more than 50%, or even 60%.

NikoB

Quote from: Koriko-san on February 15, 2024, 05:26:22What laptop would you recommend for light gaming, Niko?
You are asking a question that you can only answer yourself, because...behind the scenes of your question is almost everything that is needed for the correct answer.

Mecaniq

I agree with Niko. Having said that, I saw (and actually ordered) a cheaper i7-13700hx with rtx4060 and IPS at 400 nits, for 900 USD. It suddenly becomes attractive at that price compared to hideous cheap MSIs or Lenovo LOQs.

NikoB

Everything has its price. As soon as the price exceeds a reasonable price in the eyes of an experienced buyer, interest immediately disappears.
The task of marketers and sellers is to confuse the illiterate crowd from the middle class as much as possible by forcing them to buy a product that is not worth their money, receiving the maximum margin.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview