News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Germany: Self-driving cabs on rails can be ordered like taxis via app

Started by Redaktion, February 14, 2024, 12:50:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

MonoCab is a self-driving train cab that can be ordered like a taxi via an app and does not require a driver. With its sustainable design and ability to run two cabs on one track, this innovative transport offers a promising alternative to driving, especially in rural areas.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Germany-Self-driving-cabs-on-rails-can-be-ordered-like-taxis-via-app.802800.0.html

LL

Propaganda again.
Where is the evidence that it is sustainable? a track have to be repaired and made clean as which as with every track system limits its geography, the vehicles cannot pass each other an accident or malfunction with one blocks the whole line. No even a word what energy it gets from to move or how many passengers it needs to get to be considered efficient.

hugh mungus

Quote from: LL on February 14, 2024, 16:04:06Propaganda again.
Where is the evidence that it is sustainable? a track have to be repaired and made clean as which as with every track system limits its geography, the vehicles cannot pass each other an accident or malfunction with one blocks the whole line. No even a word what energy it gets from to move or how many passengers it needs to get to be considered efficient.

Have you tried doing your own research? I found the answer to all of your questions within a minute of searching for this.

vertigo

An interesting concept to provide commute transport while making use of rails that I presume have been retired. I wonder if they could put crossovers every few miles or so to allow bypassing cars that aren't moving and to allow switching sides so they can go one way on one side and the other way on the other, thereby allowing multiple cars to travel the same length of track simultaneously.

Geofff

Do hope their cameras can talk to the other pods? Seems no fences, so I imagine pedestrians waiting to cross immediatly after the pod being hit by a pod from the other direction?

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview