News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tesla Cybertruck rusts: Not all stainless steel is the same

Started by Redaktion, February 13, 2024, 21:20:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

In addition to numerous superlatives about performance, acceleration, load and price, cleaning suggestions are multiplying. The Cybertruck with its unusual stainless steel body seems to have a rust problem.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla-Cybertruck-rusts-Not-all-stainless-steel-is-the-same.802793.0.html

addc

Looks more like brake dust or rail dust. Need to remove it somehow, but it's not panels rusting.

Don Johnson

You just can't make this stuff up.  A stainless-steel body with NO protective coating on it and people thought it wouldn't rust when it got wet?  The other thing I love here is that if this was a Ford, Chevy, etc... There would be a massive recall demanded to fix the paint job, but Elon is bullet proof and he'll just calmly state that "well, it's stainless-steel, and stainless-steel rusts...I don't know what you want me to do about that."  and he'll get away with it.  I also Love the statement that:

...last September [Elon] said Tesla might be able to offer owners an option to get tungsten carbide coating, a ceramic material that helps protect against corrosion. Musk said the coating is "basically scratch-proof to everything below diamond hardness."

Might be able to offer?  I mean, this guy just got thousands of people to be his guinea pigs AGAIN.   And he's the master of redirection, look how he worded that statement, yeah, it rusts, and we know about it, but look at the bright side, when we charge you $10,000 for the tungsten carbide coating crap that we should have put on there in the first place, you'll be able to tell your friends about it...Won't you be the coolest guy out there!?   The other statement I love is when the guy took the truck to the dealership where they told him they'd get back to him in a month or so when they have the right equipment to deal with buffing out the rust.  Elon, you're a genius!  Hey folks, pay me $100,000 for this truck, oh, and don't forget to add the anti-rust buffing service at $400/month so your POS cybertruck looks great after a rain!

Patrick spapens

As a material scientist that does DED and laser based additive manufacturing, I test, create and develop many types of metallic alloys, from aluminium to Tungsten. And the 30X alloy that Tesla used is definitely not going to rust from water, does anyone really think Tesla has not tested the alloy before production started?
It hasn't even been verified and proven that it's rust and you get all these websites and comments that are looking for a scoop just parrot the same lines without even having checked if it's true or not.
Even rail dust will look like rust when it's attached to a metal sheet.
Even mud van look like rust.

Stop making clickbait, Stop making assumptions, Stop trying to be an expert on the cybertruck.

3dfx

The DeLorean used a super secret stainless formula that doesn't let rail dust and other ferrous debris stick to the surface.

Clickbait garbage. I thought notebookcheck was a legit site. Lol

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview