News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

UPS lays off 12,000 managers as AI replaces jobs

Started by Redaktion, February 10, 2024, 18:13:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Artificial intelligence allows UPS to fire 12,000 managers without ever having to rehire them. The company is also introducing other radical changes, such as requiring employees to be in the office five days a week.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/UPS-lays-off-12-000-managers-as-AI-replaces-jobs.802229.0.html

John J Jacobs

UPS has a horrible union contract. Of course, they will concentrate on killing non-union jobs.

Hosni hafiz

Management reduction is not new ,started before the pandemics
For nearly every three operation hourly working there was one management working simulated to upside down turned pyramid

AntiOrange

Twelve THOUSAND managers? Makes one wonder how necessary they were in the first place.

Earl

The company over hired to make up for the covid volume and in fear of a strike. What did you think was gonna happen when the volume dropped or leveled off.How could you not see this coming before it even happened? Don't get me wrong there is some CORPORATE GREED IN THERE!!! Yeah union workers got a big RAISE BUT ALL THE COMPANY DOES IS GOVE YOU THE MONEY HOURLY THEN CUT YOUR HOURS AND IT EVENS OUT TI THE SAME AS IF YOU DIDN'T GET A RAISE!!!!! IF THE UNION WAS WORTH A s*** THEY WOULD GURANTEE MORE HOURS PLUS RAISES!!!! I'M JUST SAYING!!!!

Earl

People that don't work for the company have no idea what goes on behind close doors or even what goes on in the everyday operations but are very quick to comment on s*** they have no idea about!!!!!

Joe Brown

Quote from: AntiOrange on February 11, 2024, 04:04:29Twelve THOUSAND managers? Makes one wonder how necessary they were in the first place.

Ummm.... Says right there in the article:85,000.

Joe Brown

Quote from: John J Jacobs on February 10, 2024, 21:49:56UPS has a horrible union contract. Of course, they will concentrate on killing non-union jobs.

Union killed UPS with this latest contract. Yes labor can and should organize but you can over do it to the point you ruin your own future.

ThatDude

Now... if companies who expanded their workforce during covid and are currently retracting would have the same mindset with the cost of goods and services as they have also spiked and gone down on the wholesale/back end. This inflation crap is purely based on greed and completely unnecessary to this extent. All these companies are continuing to make record profits. You're telling me somewhere along the line from front worker to ceo and shareholders they can't better support their workers/middle managers? Anyone who believes otherwise is delusional or part of the problem. I can't wait for the boomers to leave this planet. We'll lose some good ones in the process but it is a necessary transition.

toto1234

Quote from: Neenyah on February 10, 2024, 18:21:54Why not fire everyone but drivers?

Fire the drivers as well, and replace them by autonomous vehicles.

soundofsilence21

UPS is laying off 12,000 employees, but small businesses like ours are still being notified by UPS to expect a rate increase. Make it make sense.

Scott

I'm a part time preloader in NJ. Making less now after the Union contract because our hours have been drastically cut! I was making more at 19 dollars an hour then at 21.75 an hour.
My average peak hours between 20-19 and 2022 was around 51.75 hours a week.
In 2023, avg peak hours was 36.5 a week.
Doing the math I made about 2,800 dollars LESS this peak, then in the past 4 years of peak seasons.
But the Union dues went up! LMAO!
And they keep hiring new workers and letting them go after three months, before they can get into the union.

Scott

Quote from: Joe Brown on February 11, 2024, 15:37:33
Quote from: John J Jacobs on February 10, 2024, 21:49:56UPS has a horrible union contract. Of course, they will concentrate on killing non-union jobs.

Union killed UPS with this latest contract. Yes labor can and should organize but you can over do it to the point you ruin your own future.
UPS is so friggin greedy! Cut down on us part time preloaders hours by 35%!
Two more years for me there! Rooting to see UPS go under!

Tom Paine

I haven't used ups for a long time.  I've been using usps.  I know everyone hates them but my mailman is awesome I always get my whatnot.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview