News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Pavilion Plus 16 Laptop Review: Premium multimedia laptop that could have benefitted from an RTX 4050

Started by Redaktion, February 07, 2024, 14:24:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

HP aims to tap into the burgeoning entry-level creator market with the Pavilion Plus 16. The Pavilion Plus 16 is among the few laptops to feature the RTX 3050 6 GB GPU along with a Core i7-13700H, 16 GB RAM, and a QHD+ 120 Hz IPS display. While decent in its own right, comparison with similar laptops shows HP could have minimized some of the compromises for an even more compelling ₹1,24,999 (US$1,350) proposition.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Pavilion-Plus-16-Laptop-Review-Premium-multimedia-laptop-that-could-have-benefitted-from-an-RTX-4050.797765.0.html

NikoB

The author, obviously out of laziness, did not perform a RAM test in AIDA64, although this has been a standard in NB reviews for a long time.

I also recommend that NB editors buy testers for HDMI 2.1 to check for the presence of FRL6 (48Gbps) mode. Because the scammers in the HDMI consortium allow manufacturers to put a 2.1 nameplate on 2.0 and even 1.4b ports.

I like that this series has a round angled and durable power plug on the right edge. Perfect! But the soldered memory is depressing - at this price there must be at least 32GB. The case has plenty of space for a large motherboard with 2 DIMM slots. And HP usually has no problems with them. Therefore, there is a definite minus of the model.

The noise is increased at medium load, but again - NB never checks noise at medium load only on the processor cores and igpu. And this is much more important for the buyer than noise under average load on cpu+dgpu.

Heating is potentially dangerous because such IPS panels have a low critical operating temperature of around 50C, which can lead, when the lid is closed, to failure of the screen panel under high load on the system at this moment.

Again - there is a ton of space on the side - why is there so small of USB-A on the left? And you could easily add RJ45 at 2.5Gbps. Yes, and a second audio jack on the right with 4 pins would not hurt as a backup (and this is more convenient for left-handers), and you can quickly build a quad system from 2 pairs of analog speakers,

I would buy something similar in terms of the case and the location of the ports and power supply, if I have an RJ45, 18" 16:10 4k@120Hz panel with an AMD R9 7940HS and 2 DIMM slots (or 32/64 lpddr5 7500) + 2 x M.2 2280 and without dgpu.

efwfew

Vaidyanathan

QuoteThe author, obviously out of laziness, did not perform a RAM test in AIDA64, although this has been a standard in NB reviews for a long time.
Looks like someone out of laziness didn't properly check the System Performance section

ascas

NikoB

Quote from: Vaidyanathan on February 08, 2024, 14:13:45Looks like someone out of laziness didn't properly check the System Performance section
Yes, I didn't notice, because... the section was mixed with others, previously it was separate. Ok, question removed. The memory is not configured optimally, unfortunately - reading/copying is extremely poor compared to writing to memory.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview