News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Walmart adding fast EV chargers to its store parking lots in affordable nationwide charging network push

Started by Redaktion, February 05, 2024, 18:50:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Gone are the days when Walmart sued Tesla for solar rooftop fires as America's largest retailer takes steps to build a coast-to-coast fast electric vehicle charging network. The move is part of its Store of the Future vision for sustainability.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Walmart-adding-fast-EV-chargers-to-its-store-parking-lots-in-affordable-nationwide-charging-network-push.800260.0.html

Kman

Our Walmart did this 2-3 years ago, chargers sit empty, few I've seen charging mostly from out of state. Couple people I've talked to that have EVs already had the whole solar setup so charging was free at home.

Jeremy

Quote from: Kman on February 07, 2024, 03:32:55Our Walmart did this 2-3 years ago, chargers sit empty, few I've seen charging mostly from out of state. Couple people I've talked to that have EVs already had the whole solar setup so charging was free at home.

2-3 years ago most people that bought EVs were homeowners with a garage to charge overnight. Now they are cheaper than gas cars after the tax incentives so apartment and condo dwellers are buying in record numbers. Having chargers everywhere like this Wal-mart makes it convenient for them and brings extra business to the store. Win-win.

Bryan

FAST CHARGERS are the game changer. 2-3 years ago they most likely installed Level 2 chargers that only supply about 20-30 driving miles of charge per HOUR. Not worth the plug-in if only shopping for 20 minutes or so. BUT NOW, Fast charge for 20 minutes.... I will be there.

Nick472

I might finally shop at Walmart if they add free charging.  Not worth it if there's a charge to it though.

Pictsidhe

Some Walmarts already have EA DCFCs. They have had increasing use over the last few years. Contrary to what some people say, my experience is that I'm rarely the only person using one when the store is open. I only use them for trips as home charging is cheaper. None of my local Walmarts have DCFC, too... If Walmart also added a rack of free L2s, that would influence my shopping habits.

A

Quote from: Pictsidhe on February 09, 2024, 16:56:59Some Walmarts already have EA DCFCs. They have had increasing use over the last few years. Contrary to what some people say, my experience is that I'm rarely the only person using one when the store is open. I only use them for trips as home charging is cheaper. None of my local Walmarts have DCFC, too... If Walmart also added a rack of free L2s, that would influence my shopping habits.

The discrepancy is mostly due to most EV adoption being in some states while other states are lagging.

You have places like CA where 25% of sales are already EVs, 7 more states at above 10%, 9 more at 7-10% and everyone else 6% or below

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview