News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Fitbit: New smartwatch update provides new functions, but makes devices unusable

Started by Redaktion, February 03, 2024, 21:39:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Incovenient: A new update for the Fitbit Charge 5 not only brings new features, but  also massive problems that are said to be severely limiting the usability of the watch, according to numerous user reports.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Fitbit-New-smartwatch-update-provides-new-functions-but-makes-devices-unusable.800006.0.html

Anony Mouse

The previous update to this update bricked my Charge 5 and Fitbit replaced it. I had it for about a year.

Julie

I called Fitbit right away and they denied it causing issues. I told them my completely working fitbit went from Perfect to battery lasting only a few hours the day after I did the upgrade. They offered me $25 for a new band since it could not be used on tge new charge 6. Why should I need a new Fitbit.  It worked. Their update screwed it up. They need to revert for charge 5 customers or provide a replacement device free of charge due to THEIR negligence.  And FIRE the idiot who did not test this better.

Bill

They bricked my charge 5. I went from going 5 to 7 days on a charge to needing to charge my device 2x each day.

I have a garmin now.  No weekly software updates to mess your device up, no charges for all the data on their dashboard..

C

I will be happy to post this on social media since you are not taking responsibility for this huge problem.

Betsy Mowry Voss

I've had Fitbits for a number of years. They rarely last more than about 18 months - something ALWAYS goes wrong with them. They're affordable for those of us who can't buy Apple Watches (yet). In fact, I'm certain that if Apple created something at the price point of Fitbits, we'd all be buying them instead. We don't see our Fitbits as frivolous - we actually use them to monitor our health!

I have a Charge 5 now, and have gone through two in the last six months. My previous one died on July 4, 2023. It wasn't even a year old. I read that some sort of firmware update destroyed Fitbits back then as well. In fact, I read that there was a possible class action lawsuit floating around.

I bought my current unit in July 2023, and it died a few days ago. Fortunately, I foresaw the issues and bought a warranty. I received my new one yesterday. Now I have two broken ones on my dresser. How many of these are just going into the trash?

Is Google so large that it can completely ignore it's Fitbit customer base? It seems so.

Sandee

Quote from: Julie on February 07, 2024, 05:30:25I called Fitbit right away and they denied it causing issues. I told them my completely working fitbit went from Perfect to battery lasting only a few hours the day after I did the upgrade. They offered me $25 for a new band since it could not be used on tge new charge 6. Why should I need a new Fitbit.  It worked. Their update screwed it up. They need to revert for charge 5 customers or provide a replacement device free of charge due to THEIR negligence.  And FIRE the idiot who did not test this better.

Jose

Wish I read this article before I updated my charge 5. It is dead now. The charge is holding up only for a few minutes. Any suggestions on how to revert to the previous firmware version?

Sugunan pillai Raghavan

All My family members uses fitbit. Total 4 numbers. Within a period of 3 months all 4 start giving problem.... 3 cannot be charged, 1 giving small electric shock while wearing. Sadly for me, there is no after sale support (after warranty period) at Malaysia.

John Lee

John Lee

Since Google took over Fitbit, scales doesn't work anymore, Charge 5 fitness devices is unusable. Fitbit devices went from top notch to top s*** devices. Should consumers even bother to buy anymore Fitbit products or even Google fitness products 🤔

Debs

I bought a new Fitbit charger 5 December 2023 and it worked fine for a week until the update. Following that, it stopped syncing to my iPhone, battery discharging quickly and just not fit for purpose.

I have had several "chats" with Fitbit support and followed their instructions, all to no avail.., I just use it as a normal watch now while I save up for an Apple iwatch; which I wish I'd have bought in the first place!

There's obviously no option for a refund from a company like #Google

Sye

An absolute piece of junk now. A charge lasts a few hours. As a senior on a fixed income replacing it is not an option. No support from the company. Google doesn't care. They deny they are responsible for the problem. They need to be investigated for consumer fraud.

Jilly

Literally the day the device was updated in Dec 23 you can see a large change in most of my heart stats..my Resting Heart rate went up 10 points, I typically track in the high 50's it went up to mid 60's! the heart rate variability went down from 50's to 20's and 30's. (Higher variabilty equals good health), and my O2 saturation went down (also not good). So within a few days it looked like I had some kind of event. I didnt. Scared me to death though.

Subodh Patel

I have experienced the problem (battery drain, not charging, loosing functionality) since late Nov 23. Charge 5 was six months old and under warranty 
Fitbit help team gave many solutions- all trial and error. They had no idea what to do. Finally, I asked to return and have them fix or replace.
They promised to send a new one. More than a month now, no replacement. Sent two reminders but no answers.
Amazing how Google would allow such customer service. They do not understand simple warranty terms or stand behind their product.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview