News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xiaomi 14 review: New top model and fastest compact Android smartphone

Started by Redaktion, January 27, 2024, 04:27:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Excellent battery life, 90-watt fast charging, 3 Leica cameras with 50 MP and a 3000-nit bright OLED panel that runs at 120 Hz. So far, so good, but the compact Xiaomi 14 pulls another ace out of its sleeve with Qualcomm's latest high-end SoC Snapdragon 8 Gen 3. Is this a smartphone without any weaknesses? Read more to find out.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-14-review-New-top-model-and-fastest-compact-Android-smartphone.797218.0.html

Nice

QuoteThe GFXBench Manhattan battery test crashed with an error message. The Xiaomi 14 also crashed in 3DMark's Wild Life stress tests, as both test scenarios ended with the error message that the smartphone was overheating. The same occurred with the Burnout benchmark when we ran it at full load (CPU + GPU).
Lmao
"Fastest"

Terrible

Quote from: Nice on January 27, 2024, 09:17:23Lmao
"Fastest"

"Sadly, the device wasn't able to pass the 3DMark Wild Life GPU stress test. It overheated before it was able to complete a full 20-minute cycle, with or without the cooling fan." -gsmarena(dot)com/nubia_red_magic_9_pro-review-2647p5(dot)php

Happening everywhere. This chip is quite literally a dud.

Hari Alex

Can you please explain this:
"With DC dimming activated, we only observed PWM flickering at the same level as the refresh rate."

Sounds like a bad thing but you're saying it as it's good and I don't understand...it is good that flickering is at 120 hz?

Kindly explain it more as I'm searching for a better phone, PWM-wise.

RobertJasiek

EsaTuunanen

While there don't seem to be much power limits for chipset under full/unlimited loading, endurance in specific amount of work involving loads looks great.

Now if I only knew endurance in true standby just for maintaining network connection without background apps/data running...

Current Exynos based Galaxy S8 sucks ridiculous 1% of battery per hour for doing nothing with power save on/background apps and data suspended... Unless I disable 4G network.
Which halves it to more reasonable ~½% per hour.
But even that is clearly worser than in previous Sony Z3 Compact with 4G enabled.

Zenk

Quote from: Hari Alex on January 27, 2024, 18:35:20Can you please explain this:
"With DC dimming activated, we only observed PWM flickering at the same level as the refresh rate."

Sounds like a bad thing but you're saying it as it's good and I don't understand...it is good that flickering is at 120 hz?

Kindly explain it more as I'm searching for a better phone, PWM-wise.
Yes, it is the best dimming mode an OLED can do because at that mode the screen flickers with minor brightness changes and high duty cycle. You can consider it as DC dimming. It is not reasonable to judge screen flickering only by PWM frequency, duty cycle and wave depth should also be considered. OLED flickering is disscussed a lot on Chinese social media, and now Chinese reviewers are using SVM to represent screen flickering. SVM is proposed by CIE and other factors that affect the flickering is included.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview