News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad P16s G2 AMD im Test: Leistung satt plus OLED im Workstation-Laptop

Started by Redaktion, January 24, 2024, 09:55:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Starke Rechenleistung, strahlendes OLED-Display, akzeptable iGPU. Und dazu kommen eine ganze Reihe sinnvoller Extras für ein waschechtes Arbeitsgerät. Mit robustem Gehäuse, stabiler Tastatur, Sicherheitsfunktionen und Fernwartung punktet die ThinkPad-Workstation weiter. Ein bisschen Kritik muss sie sich aber gefallen lassen.  

https://www.notebookcheck.com/Lenovo-ThinkPad-P16s-G2-AMD-im-Test-Leistung-satt-plus-OLED-im-Workstation-Laptop.787613.0.html

NikoB

Well. We see in front of us a "professional" model, at a monstrous price for this hardware config.

What do we get at the beginning of 2024 for this money?

An outdated U series processor with slow RAM (the latency is simply monstrous), and also soldered, i.e. The lack of memory will be felt initially with a measly 32GB, and not at least 64GB for this price. Moreover, despite the low PL1, the laptop is noisy even under average load - 37 dB.

As usual in the "professional" model, greedy Lenovo installed a 25-year-old RJ45 network port - a shameful 1Gbps, despite the fact that 2.5Gbps is built into the SoC, but they could have installed a separate controller for 5-10Gbps for this price.

The 7040 series has 2 USB40 ports and 2 USB-C 10Gbps ports. But where is the second USB40 port on the right or in the back (which is much better and more versatile)? They don't exist because of Lenovo's greed.

The screen is disgustingly glossy, like all AMOLEDs, but the author couldn't even calibrate this craft to dE<2 (2.9!). Thus, the screen is not suitable even for semi-professional color work. The flickering completes the picture. I don't believe in 600Hz PWM for a simple reason - OLED panels with real such PWM burn out 2 times faster - if this is the case, expect screen burnout after 6-7k hours (which is much less than the expected duration of use of such series). And of course, the author deliberately did not check the native contrast, which 100% does not correspond to marketing declarations, and is most likely 50-100 times worse than stated in 1M:1+

The author himself tore the keyboard to smithereens. I don't even need to add anything, except maybe again about the moronic narrow Esc, F1...F2. In essence, there is nothing left of the old high-quality Thinkpad keyboard. Is everything done for whom? For lovers of touch screens? Are they able to type quickly on a desk? Let's bet it's not? This is not printing petty comments on Twitter. Here people have to WORK for hours!

Even the quality of the laptop's speakers was disgraceful.

I have a hard time understanding the target audience of this particular version of the model.

With IPS 4k (but again there are no 120/144Hz options and a response time of less than 7ms on G2G/B2W), it will probably find its admirers, but subject to the installation of 64GB and 4TB SSD for the same price. Or reducing the price by about 600-700 euros. Moreover, with a basic warranty of only 1 year, shameful for such a series...

Neenyah

Can mods just ban this clown already? Or simply delete his nonsense because he can't say correctly one thing.

Quote from: NikoB on January 24, 2024, 11:37:11Well. We see in front of us a "professional" model, at a monstrous price for this hardware config.

What do we get at the beginning of 2024 for this money?
Announce Date:   2023-09-05

Quote from: NikoB on January 24, 2024, 11:37:11I have a hard time understanding...
I won't even comment the rest of that shitfest but this here, yes, we can see that because your translator is a** which is clearly demonstrated in this part:

Quote from: NikoB on January 24, 2024, 11:37:11Moreover, with a basic warranty of only 1 year, shameful for such a series...

Because it is:

• Base Warranty: 3-year, Courier or Carry-in
  • Included Upgrade: CO2 Offset 0.5 ton, 1Y Premier Support from 3Y Depot Windchill bundles   (CPN)

https://psref.lenovo.com/Detail/ThinkPad/ThinkPad_P16s_Gen_2_AMD?M=21K9000CGE

I know, I know, too difficult for you to understand that 1-year Premier is a bonus to add on top of the existing base 3-year so... why bother at all with writing anything just to prove over and over again how you have zero clue about wtf are you talking about at all? 🤷

NikoB

Once again, the stupid clown claims something that doesn't really exist - the author writes:
QuoteGarantie

Lenovo bietet ein Jahr Premium-Support, worunter auch Vor-Ort-Reparatur bis zum nächsten Werktag fallen. Eine Erweiterung dieser Garantie gegen Gebühr ist ebenfalls möglich.

When will the boor Neenyah be banned?

NikoB

I wonder when the clown will be able to understand the meaning of what is written? 1-2-3 days, weeks, months? ;)

RobinLight

Schön dass NBC dieses Gerät endlich mal getestet hat. Hatte es schon mehrfach im Warenkorb: Mit den üblichen Rabatten bekommt man schon ein 64GB Gerät mit gutem IPS Display für ca. 1300 Euronen, ein OLED braucht es nicht. Und Experimente bei dem Eingabegeräten wie bei der Z-Reihe gibt es auch nicht.

Aber NBC ist wie eh und je spät dran mit dem Test, inzwischen bin ich skeptischer.

Die mickrige Kühlung bei einem Gewicht von fast 2kg finde ich schon dürftig. Liegt bisserl last an, geht das Lüfterkonzert los.
Was sind denn einfachere Aufgaben bei denen das Gerät noch still sein soll? Auch beim surfen im Netz mit mehreren Tabs und viel JavaScript kann man schon mal die CPU beschäftigen.

Und wieviel Leistungsverlust ergibt sich im Energiesparmodus?

Wenn es kein Mega Schnäppchen ist, warte ich in diesem Jahr wohl lieber auf Qualcomms Snapdragon X Elite. Selbst wenn Windows damit Probleme macht: Qualcomm supportet Linux von Anfang an und das reicht mir vollkommen, sofern die typischen ARM Benefits auch alle passen.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview