News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Radeon RX 7700S performance debut: Framework Laptop 16 review

Started by Redaktion, January 23, 2024, 16:13:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The name may be generic, but the design is anything but. The environmentally-friendly Laptop 16 takes everything great about the Laptop 13.5 and bumps it up a notch with even more upgradeable and customizable components including a removable Radeon RDNA 3 GPU.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Radeon-RX-7700S-performance-debut-Framework-Laptop-16-review.790807.0.html

Qyygle

I'm fairly sure the 16 supports 2 SSD slots. There's a second 2230 slot under the top 2280.
Do battery numbers change significantly with only the non-gpu module?

Cameron

"Additionally, there are still no expansion cards for full-size SD readers, WAN, or RJ-45"

A full-sized SD card reader is in development and there is an RJ45 2.5 gigabit port card.

juodvarnis

The whole idea is to keep the case and change internal components as they age but the case has gaps and looks cheap! I'd rather buy razer or lenovo

Magic

There's a minor inaccuracy.
There is RJ45 - Framework have a 2.5GB Ethernet expansion card. There's MiniSD available, A full size SD expansion card is in final development and should be available shortly.

Logoffon

Quote from: Magic on January 23, 2024, 23:59:08There's MiniSD available
For use with what, a memory card for Nokia N73?

Maybe that could be a good idea for those using old devices that takes that particular size, as they wouldn't have to mess around with adapters...

edwardo

Hi,
Thanks for the review.
Are you planning to provide the iGPU numbers (perf & power) for comparison? That would be great!

Ian

Hey that statement is not correct:
Unlike on the LG Gram 16 series, the Laptop 16 does not support an internal secondary SSD

could you Please correct thist mistake.

Otherwise i love the Article.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview