News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple Vision Pro failed to sell out on launch day

Started by Redaktion, January 21, 2024, 07:26:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Despite expectations, Apple has failed to sell out of its Vision Pro on launch day. This is despite estimates of day 1 availability being limited to between 60,000 and 80,000 units.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-Vision-Pro-failed-to-sell-out-on-launch-day.795289.0.html

Dannn

lol

I mean, REALLY not a big suprise.

Maybe an Apple finally will get a cold shower they needed.

Emayteetee

Clickbait article; it's only been pre order day. Launch day is feb 2nd, so to say they did not "sell out" on launch day is false. We haven't yet seen and this article shouldn't have been written until feb 3rd.

JM

I predicted a flop on launch announcement, due to its ridiculous high price, bulky form and lack of controller.
People will not work for hours on end in VR or AR with a heavy headset, it is just not practical. I tried with a Quest 2 who has a similar shape and weight and it doesn't work for more than an hour or so.

So what is this headset for if it is not for gaming?
How will you game on this device without controllers?
Finger tracking has been available for Quest 2 for a long time and while you can play like this it does not work with games where you want to hold/shoot as the lack of physical touch and haptic feedback kills the immersion.

lol

Lol stock sold out in several hours and preorders are to March already instead of Feb 2

KZeith

This article is entirely wrong. A few hours after pre order opening the ship date for all models slipped to March. I know because I woke up late and didn't get launch day shipping

shaw

yeah - this is one of those times where i report an issue to google news and then say - never show me news from the provider again.   fake news

D

This article is just plain wrong. This is a pre order, not launch, which is Feb 2nd. The availability of the preorders has been reduced and it's impossible to tell what will be available in store as additional stock since that's, well, gonna be in Feb. Shame on this writer for calling this any sort of quality journalism.

Pjamies

This will be one of Apple's failed products .. too big, too heavy, too pricey ..
Kool tech tho no doubt ..

Nicolas Restrepo

i dont think even apple expected a $3500 item to sell out on day one.... lets be real 

Nicolas Restrepo

Quote from: JM on January 21, 2024, 13:11:21I predicted a flop on launch announcement, due to its ridiculous high price, bulky form and lack of controller.
People will not work for hours on end in VR or AR with a heavy headset, it is just not practical. I tried with a Quest 2 who has a similar shape and weight and it doesn't work for more than an hour or so.

So what is this headset for if it is not for gaming?
How will you game on this device without controllers?
Finger tracking has been available for Quest 2 for a long time and while you can play like this it does not work with games where you want to hold/shoot as the lack of physical touch and haptic feedback kills the immersion.

it wasnt a flop... a $3500 piece of hardware didn't sell out on day one.  lets keep some perspective here,

EmKay

It has to be the most uninformed article I read in a while. A product is sold out in a couple of hours for the quantity available in stock, pushing any order after the couple of hours to March-April to allow for more manufacturing and deliveries to be made, and this is a fail?

I would quite surprised you are able to write after writing such a piece.

Joblo

If something sells out it shows the company failed at planning demand and manufacturing capability. Not selling out might indicate a decent team has finally been employed at apple. It's a gimmick device for headlines like Google glasses it has no real use, it's just PR, should think people will buy them and to sell as rare nib items to other cult fans in a few years.

Greg Pree

Lately, anything EV is king for negative articles (and dethroned Apple). However, a close second is anything Apple.
After the introduction of the Apple Watch, just about every hack, I-hate-Apple, stringer wrote about it being a the flop. The Vision Pro will prove to be Deja Vu all over again...and the hack stringers will have to bend facts even further to justify their continuing hatred for anything Apple.

Blackberry

What a bs article... it sold out in 18 minutes. Thattaboy keep doubting Apple ,
Apparent you did zero research & just looking for a way to dish the stock like most do to gain sometype of trading advantage, clowns

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview