News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Exynos 2400 trades blows with Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 for Galaxy in gaming performance

Started by Redaktion, January 20, 2024, 05:58:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A YouTuber compared the Galaxy S24+ (Exynos 2400) and Galaxy S24 Ultra's (Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 for Galaxy) gaming performance. Both phones performed identically, with the Snapdragon faring better at Call of Duty: Mobile and the Exynos at War Thunder.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Exynos-2400-trades-blows-with-Snapdragon-8-Gen-3-for-Galaxy-in-gaming-performance.794841.0.html

[email protected]

oh that title is just 🤮 "Exynos 2400 trades blows with Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 for Galaxy in gaming performance"

DS27

Quote from: NikoB on January 20, 2024, 12:31:10Only poor children and idiots play on smartphones.

Spoiled children, not necessarily poor.

I also don't understand the popularity of gaming smartphones. It's just uncomfortable and bad for your eyesight.

Marika

I wonder if Samsung will ever notice how far behind they are by now. They dont even have actual flagship phones anymore in the EU. Exynos phones simply dont belong in that catagory.

Its actually astonishing tho how confidently they release utter bullshit to the EU markets. I guess they are ready to tarnish the remainder of their brand's reputation for that x$ they save on the EU customers.

LOL

At this point I would rather have a high end Mediatek Dimensity (with a price discount) than Exynos on the flagship Galaxy S phones.

For the midrange Galaxy A phones, put a midrange Mediatek chip in them. Galaxy A34 done well on this.

Just scrap the entire Exynos product line, let Google Pixel deal with the cousin of Exynos: Tensor.

Samsung used Exynos to avoid paying the Qualcomm tax (higher profit margins), and to keep the rabid labour unions in South Korea happy. That's all.

Exynos 2400 wasn't put in the S24 Ultra... that alone should tell you all you need to know. Ignore the gaslighting and the (paid?) shills who try to convince you otherwise.

Unpaid shill

Quote from: LOL on January 22, 2024, 03:11:33At this point I would rather have a high end Mediatek Dimensity (with a price discount) than Exynos on the flagship Galaxy S phones.

Ehh, Mali GPU's (which is what Dimensity & Tensor use) suck balls for emulation tho. I don't care about mobile gaming but I do care about modern 3d emu's (yuzu android, vita3k, etc). And for those, RDNA3 drivers are far superior.

Are there any Mediatek phones with long term s/w support? Mediatek means nothing to me until they start providing solid long term support. Qualcomm is pretty similar in this regard too. Besides the S24U most qcomm phones don't support 7 years of OS updates. Both these companies encourage/support planned obsolescence.

And what's wrong with wanting to avoid paying Qcomm tax? Isn't everyone trying to? You happy paying $1500+ for qcomm devices?

I don't know why you're lol'ing. Everyone who has actually tested and used this Exynos 2400 has said it is significantly more efficient than SD8Gen2. Yeah, it's not quite SD8Gen3 tier level (which by the way seems to draw a ton of power, have major overheating/throttling issues) but I believe this is the closest Samsung has ever gotten competitively in a long time with Exynos. More competition is good, it keeps the prices in check.

Personally, not too interested in Galaxy S line. But if the DNA or skeleton of Exynos 2400 is later donated for a future Pixel Tensor chip complete with the Xclipse 940 GPU. It could be very interesting..

Actually, Imma call it right here. In the words of Flossy Carter, the Exynos 2400 is a major major major go! :)

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview