News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

YouTube slows down PCs with AdBlock installed (but it's not YouTube's fault)

Started by Redaktion, January 17, 2024, 19:00:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AdBlock, a popular extension, has been linked again to performance issues on YouTube. Users report slow load times and increased CPU usage. The issue also affects YouTube Premium subscribers who use AdBlock for other sites.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/YouTube-slows-down-PCs-with-AdBlock-installed-but-it-s-not-YouTube-s-fault.794132.0.html

heffeque

That is fake news.

Add www.youtube.com##+js(nano-stb, resolve(1), *, 0.001) into the filters, and the delay is fixed.

Basically YouTube forgot to take out their 5 second delay on their Premium paying users.

Google just making people want to use uBlock Origin more and more...

Neenyah

I'm not saying it's not true but I'm yet to experience that issue/problem; everything is still fast (instant) as it was a month or a year ago, no difference. With Edge + Ublock Origin at least...

Mr Majestyk

Quote from: Neenyah on January 17, 2024, 22:39:59I'm not saying it's not true but I'm yet to experience that issue/problem; everything is still fast (instant) as it was a month or a year ago, no difference. With Edge + Ublock Origin at least...

What does ublock Origin have to do with Adblock. This was specifically about "Adblock" not adblockers in general. BTW Adblock Ultimate didn't have this problem nor did Adguard.

Neenyah

Quote from: Mr Majestyk on January 18, 2024, 03:30:52What does ublock Origin have to do with Adblock. This was specifically about "Adblock" not adblockers in general. BTW Adblock Ultimate didn't have this problem nor did Adguard.
Nothing, but apparently all adblockers are affected, not just AdBlock.

Whitepride

"it's not YouTube's fault. They just made it happen because they want to control what you do on your own computer."

NikoB

In Russia, as everyone knows, advertising on YouTube is disabled; no uBlock or AdBlock is needed there. These are the real Western sanctions. Continue in the same spirit. Russians are happy...

MikeFromFL

Right, so YouTube has aggressive "ad blocker detection" which causes slowdown with adblock, but it isn't YouTube's fault...

That's like saying that I have aggressive anti home invasion techniques, and the home invader leaving my house looking like swiss cheese isn't my fault.

Simple solution: YouTube just stop using ad blocker detection, and magically any slowdown with ad blockers will go away!

How can a company claim to not be at fault for a problem that is literally, EXCLUSIVELY THEIR FAULT?

NikoB

Google is a commercial company. You are all subject to monetization. If you don't want to be that item, you'll have to pay (though your data will still be sold). You can always leave YouTube and use other services. As well as giving up Google search and other services. Is it difficult?

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview