News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple Vision Pro launch pre-view testers complain about weight, comfort, even headaches

Started by Redaktion, January 17, 2024, 07:27:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Reporters given pre-launch access to the new Apple Vision Pro have reported concerns with its weight and comfort, with at least two writers reporting notable discomfort using it. While there are undoubtedly positive experiences to be had with the product, it wasn't just discomfort that was problematic.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-Vision-Pro-launch-pre-view-testers-complain-about-weight-comfort-even-headaches.793754.0.html

Achiote

Like every other VR headset, they are awkward and heavy.
iPadOnYouriFace. That's all. The market and coders will decide what its really for.

Kerby

... all is in the writing. True that all VR headset are "clunky" and become stressful over time when wear. But this article is making this THE ABSOLUTE main take out from the tests. THE VISION PRO IS HEAVY AND NOT CONFORTABLE ... and add in small print "btw it also has mind blowing potential" .. I let readers draw their  own conclusions about the mindset of the writer :-)

Julian M

I can't wait for Apple's execs to go out in the media to explain the AVP is heavy (heavy-ish) due to all the high-quality components, it's no plastic VR headset like the Quest, etc.

The fact remains, all VR headsets are heavy and clunky, and Apple definitely did not do any better on that front despite higher-end materials and a hefty price tag.

Robert

The problem is the price.  If you're charging 3500 bucks it better be above and beyond anything I have used before and solve most of the major issues with VR.  The biggest issue with VR right now is comfort, so it seems fair to say if they haven't solved it than they haven't really made a next generation product.

Benjimyn

I'd really enjoy developing on this platform, but $3,500 is too much considering there's a real risk that the product doesn't stick.

I think any team that can just buy 10-20 of these to build with is too comfortable to make anything high quality, they're experimenting and return is a bonus, not a requirement. There is no entry point for individuals who expect some return. Apple should have shipped something for developers that isn't $3,500.

I hope it does stick. I think that this tech will be amazing after some iteration, I like their choice of external battery, and their ecosystem has always been top notch.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview