News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Huawei MateBook D 16 2024 im Test - Multimedia-Laptop jetzt mit Intel Core i9-13900H

Started by Redaktion, January 12, 2024, 15:01:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Huawei stattet das 2024er-Modell seines Multimedia-Laptops MateBook D 16 mit einem Core i9-13900H-Prozessor von Intel aus, der durch geringe Power Limits allerdings ausgebremst wird. Vor allem bei den Anschlüssen wurde zudem massiv der Rotstift angesetzt, dafür wurde aber die Akkulaufzeit verbessert.

https://www.notebookcheck.com/Huawei-MateBook-D-16-2024-im-Test-Multimedia-Laptop-jetzt-mit-Intel-Core-i9-13900H.792024.0.html

NikoB

As I wrote before, no one needs it, given the increased price and the absence of any visible progress.

Naturally, I don't believe in the measured screen contrast figure, because...according to the datasheet, this panel has a typical 1200:1 (naturally, in the old model it was overestimated in the review), so don't count on more than 1200:1, of course there won't be any 1400:1+.

Again the shameful 16GB in (2024!!!), instead of the minimum possible for any laptop from $1000, 32GB, and even in the same shameful version of the extremely slow lpddr4 3733 (as in the 2022 model), instead of 6400-7500 lpddr5 (on which Only Chinese Huawei mines this garbage in garbage dumps? Sanctions are in effect and that's good!). Notice how much the 2023 model has slid down in the table of ranks in terms of RAM speed, compared to the 2022 model.

Performance has practically not increased compared to the 12700H, the difference can be ignored.

Still the same (for the obvious reason described above - monstrously slow RAM) shameful 24-25fps in GTA V.

Still the shameful USB 2.0 on the right and still the lack of a TB4 port built into the SoC for H series (Huawei's greed is simply amazing!)

What's even more stunning is that the 2022 model had an HDMI 2.0b port, this moss-covered one has 1.4b!!! And it's 2024 and even HDMI 2.1 (full version with FRL6) is already obsolete...

The only plus (if you believe the figures of the review author) is the noise at average load - it dropped by more than 1.5 times (28dBA vs 39dBA).

Well, if you believe the survey figures, consumption at rest fell by about 20%. And by about the same amount at an average load, which, coupled with an increase in battery capacity by 10 Wh, gave the effect of approximately +40-45% of battery life in the usual NB test (the time in which, in practice, to get real load time you need to divide approximately by 1.5)

Those. the 2023 model (which is morally outdated even at the design stage) is not a solution for working for at least 7-8 hours on battery power, a full working day, with a reserve.

What's even more shameful is that even the webcam is still the same antique 720p, not even the lowly 1080p!

Who is this $1500+ laptop for? I don't know. I wrote about this in 2023...for which I congratulate Huawei marketers. You ruined everything again and still had the audacity to raise the price of this garbage.

The saddest thing is that Huawei is no longer particularly striving for anything - they will soon lose any opportunity to create current models compared to their competitors, and even with the 2023 model, it is already clearly visible how they have lagged behind the typical requirements of mass demand.

And the situation is even worse with smartphones, where they are already behind competitors outside of sanctions by as many as 2 generations of hardware (we can already talk about 3).

In China, under pressure from circumstances, maybe someone will buy these models, but in Europe and especially in the USA, at such a price, there will naturally be no demand, unless the price is immediately reduced by $600.

E-Freak

Passt nicht mehr ins Jahr 2024, nicht nur vom Preis. Vorteil ist die Geräuschentwicklung, Leistung erfordert Wärme und die muss raus...ergo Laut...

Neenyah

Quote from: NikoB on January 12, 2024, 17:15:20Those. the 2023 model (which is morally outdated even at the design stage) is not a solution for working for at least 7-8 hours on battery power, a full working day, with a reserve.
Literally no one in any scenario on any existing job is working 7-8 hours with laptop only on battery, except those people who work on the field far from any source of power (but they are definitely not interested in this type of laptops, they use the Panasonic Toughbook or something similar instead). Why would anyone sane use a laptop in their office only on battery if a plug is one cable away right on their desk? Also who tf is using a laptop on battery if they connect it to 1-2-3 external monitors? Maybe people high on cocaine but again, no one sane does.

CHK

Wer das Teil kauft, ist ein Fall für die Psychiatrie. Das 16s mit gleichem Prozessor aber mit deutlich besserem Display und Ausstattung gibt's aktuell für einen lächerlichen Hunderter mehr.

NikoB

Quote from: CHK on January 13, 2024, 18:36:09Wer das Teil kauft, ist ein Fall für die Psychiatrie. Das 16s mit gleichem Prozessor aber mit deutlich besserem Display und Ausstattung gibt's aktuell für einen lächerlichen Hunderter mehr.
The 16s is even worse - it has a nasty glossy screen and a stripped-down keyboard that is not suitable for work - there is no number pad.

People bought the D16 en masse in 2022 when it sold for $800-850 with an i5 12500H. Simply in the absence of alternatives on the market at that moment. And they took it precisely because of the working keyboard with a full-fledged numpad and a semi-matte screen without glare, albeit with FHD only but at least 16:10.

Naturally, no one needs this $1,500 rubbish from Huawei, either in Europe or North America, and especially anywhere else.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview