News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

2024 HP Spectre x360 16 is looking to be an excellent alternative to the now divisive Dell XPS series

Started by Redaktion, January 08, 2024, 14:01:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

If the drastic XPS changes this year are rubbing you the wrong way, then the 2024 Spectre x360 series might be worth a look. The latest HP model incorporates more minor visual changes that are arguably more agreeable and traditional than the "experimental" impression of the new XPS design.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/2024-HP-Spectre-x360-16-is-looking-to-be-an-excellent-alternative-to-the-now-divisive-Dell-XPS-series.790402.0.html

NoIntelPlease

I will not buy intel laptops anymore. Meteor lake is step forward but still worse than even ryzen 7000 on battery..

AiofGud

The problem w/ Dell is that theyre unreliable but the ergonomics are good, the problem w/ HP is that the specs are good but the ergonomics are bad along w/ a boat of spamware.  This does seem like a good device otherwise if they didnt have so much bloat.

Neenyah

Quote from: AiofGud on January 09, 2024, 22:06:18the problem w/ HP is that the specs are good but the ergonomics are bad along w/ a boat of spamware.  This does seem like a good device otherwise if they didnt have so much bloat.
Do a clean Windows installation and there won't be any HP bloatware.

Mr Majestyk

Quote from: NoIntelPlease on January 08, 2024, 14:51:08I will not buy intel laptops anymore. Meteor lake is step forward but still worse than even ryzen 7000 on battery..

Understandable, but I do hope Luna Lake is a the update they need. It should be a massive improvement over Mediocre Lake. Even Arrow Lake should better. But for now Strix Point is looking like the one to egt in 2024

ey

Quote from: Mr Majestyk on January 10, 2024, 03:15:22But for now Strix Point is looking like the one to get in 2024

*in handhelds* :) Pretty sure, AMD will launch STX-P in handhelds such as ROG Ally 2 with win 12 by 2024. Have zero faith of them being able to release anything on time for laptops since they've failed 4 years in a row now. Which is completely fine with me since I've given up on laptops and only come to this site for the other reviews (phones, tablets, handhelds). Expect STX-P in laptops late 2025.

Quote from: NoIntelPlease on January 08, 2024, 14:51:08I will not buy intel laptops anymore. Meteor lake is step forward but still worse than even Ryzen 7000 on battery..

Ye, it is worse but the difference isn't that massive anymore between them. So perhaps if you're wishing for ultimate battery life, you should wait for Snapdragon X Elite..

I also expect Ryzen 8000 mobile to be low volume because aren't they sharing Hawk Point dies with desktop 8000G APU's? Wouldn't that make them a bit supply chip constrained? Or maybe that was AMD's intention all along, since 7040U laptops have only just arrived so they wanna get rid of that stock first. In other words: another paper launch?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview