News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

LG webOS Re:New program of upgrades for slightly older TVs unveiled

Started by Redaktion, January 05, 2024, 18:37:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The debut of LG's latest TVs is now underway; however, the CES 2024 event also has some good news for owners of some existing smart screens. The OEM has announced that a selection of these devices released before 2023 are eligible for an initiative that might keep them up to date until 2029. The list currently contains a selection of LG OLED TVs, and may be further expanded in the future.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/LG-webOS-Re-New-program-of-upgrades-for-slightly-older-TVs-unveiled.789741.0.html

George

this is sad really...

Here we have TV OEM's trying very hard to make the products they have already shipped OBS so that customers will be inclined to 'upgrade' to new models. (much like computer and cell phone OEM's do)

I'd guess that my 2019 LG TV will not be upgraded - as it has been 'disconnected' for years.

Granted the built in Antenna is still able to get OTA content (there are a few DOZEN channels in my area) as well as it is outfitted with a BUNCH of HDMI ports which can be fed by OTHER DEVICES.

So YES, while I gave up on the meager 'smartness' of my LG long ago I do have a house full of other devices that can stream anything I wish to my LG TV.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview