News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Acer Swift Go 14 - Smooth gaming on the office laptop with and without XeSS thanks to Meteor Lake

Started by Redaktion, January 02, 2024, 13:17:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With Meteor Lake, Intel's iGPU processors have received significant improvements for the first time since 2020. The Arc iGPUs even manage to sometimes outperform the Radeon RX 780M found in some AMD processors. For the Acer Swift Go, this primarily means a solid improvement in the area of 3D performance.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Swift-Go-14-Smooth-gaming-on-the-office-laptop-with-and-without-XeSS-thanks-to-Meteor-Lake.788636.0.html

D3MONICBLAZ3

If there's any options to undervolt the CPU, it would help in heat management. That's rather impressive for an apu. Could cap frame rate to 30 to help with heavy environments too for more smooth play.

Hotz

QuoteIntel Core Ultra 7 155H, 55 W PL2 Short Burst, 45 W PL1 Sustained

QuotePower Consumption: Load 64.65 / 104.1 Watt

Can someone please explain this to me? How can it consume 64-104 Watts if it should consume 55W at maximum?

Enma45

I prefer a thousand times the option with AMD Zen 4 7040 Phoenix since this latest Intel processor has only managed to match but not surpass and with higher consumption and temperatures let's not forget that Intel is manufactured at 7nm vs AMD at 4nm

Hotz

Quote from: Hotz on January 02, 2024, 18:40:16

Power Consumption: Load 64.65 / 104.1 Watt
Can someone please explain this to me? How can it consume 64-104 Watts if it should consume 55W at maximum?

Ok... I forgot that this is not the power consumption of the CPU, but of the whole device, which includes RAM, SSD, Fan.

But still one thing remains unclear: why is the Core Ultra 155H at 45W if Notebookcheck claims on their own CPU-page it's only a 28W chip???

Hotz

Quote from: Hotz on January 03, 2024, 11:06:54

Power Consumption: Load 64.65 / 104.1 Watt

Ok... I forgot that this is not the power consumption of the CPU, but of the whole device, which includes RAM, SSD, Fan.

But still one thing remains unclear: why is the Core Ultra 155H at 45W if Notebookcheck claims on their own CPU-page it's only a 28W chip???

Someone on Reddit posted the following (though regarding another CPU):
The default spec of the 1165G7 is a PL1 of 28W and a PL2 of 35W but OEMs can change it to fit the heat dissipation capabilities of their devices or some other reason.

Seriously?? Why then categorize these chips as U, H, HS, etc. if OEMs can change the value to anything they want?? This makes any fair comparison much more difficult, because you cannot just take the suffix as value but have to manually check the individual configuration. They should just remove this useless suffix s*** altogether....

Aidan LeHigh

Quote from: Enma45 on January 02, 2024, 19:18:40I prefer a thousand times the option with AMD Zen 4 7040 Phoenix since this latest Intel processor has only managed to match but not surpass and with higher consumption and temperatures let's not forget that Intel is manufactured at 7nm vs AMD at 4nm

"nm" has stopped measuring physical dimensions a while ago. It's Intel 4 verses TSMC N4, at around similar transistor density per mm^2 and performance, both "4nm class" nodes

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview