News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Digital master tapes of the 3D series 'Reboot' found, but a playback device is lacking

Started by Redaktion, January 01, 2024, 06:48:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

In the mid-1990s, a science fiction series with 3D effects was created, which was even digitally archived. Now, the master tapes have resurfaced. But according to a report, it is still unclear how these can be played.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Digital-master-tapes-of-the-3D-series-Reboot-found-but-a-playback-device-is-lacking.788415.0.html

Laz

Might be worthwhile to check sound mastering studios, "stone soup" comes to mind (around lakeshore/eastern)-I recall delivering there once to a small office and seeing they were working on adding background music for a recognizable kids show on at the time they would need playback devices to locate where to add sounds.

Hunter2021

I watched this series.  In the game Unreal Tournament GOTY '99 you can find fan-made character model Megabyte from the TV show!

George

I'm sorry but do you use AI to write your 'Articles' much?

"Although the team has not found suitable playback device so far, it says it has already made good progress in raising awareness of the topic. After all, this is broadcast-quality equipment from a bygone era.

Although the team has not found suitable playback device so far, it says it has already made good progress in raising awareness of the topic. After all, this is broadcast-quality equipment from a bygone era."

The above is a direct quote of your article as it appears on NotebookCheck.

The AI or human reasoning is that a human would not of duplicated the paragraph as shown above. (or at least would of edited it out before publishing)

Mark Graff

Maybe try playing them under your car tires like I do every copy of a Nickelback album i find in any format. Try that.

Not a Robot

Quote from: George on January 01, 2024, 22:49:34...

The AI or human reasoning is that a human would not of duplicated the paragraph as shown above. (or at least would of edited it out before publishing)

Humans putting articles together often move paragraphs around looking for the best flow. Sometimes, that means a paragraph will get pasted in twice by accident. These websites generally don't have much editorial oversight to correct simple errors.

"Of" is a preposition. The verb you're looking for is "would have." "Would of" is an eggcorn.

I wish it were AI making the stupid mistakes. Sadly, those are made by people.

A

Quote from: George on January 01, 2024, 22:49:34The AI or human reasoning is that a human would not of duplicated the paragraph as shown above. (or at least would of edited it out before publishing)

Isn't notebookcheck a german site? Then it gets translated to English. It isn't uncommon for translation to be done paragraph by paragraph, than copy and pasted and accidentally pasting twice

Reboot your English

Quote from: George on January 01, 2024, 22:49:34I'm sorry but do you use AI to write your 'Articles' much?

"Although the team has not found suitable playback device so far, it says it has already made good progress in raising awareness of the topic. After all, this is broadcast-quality equipment from a bygone era.

Although the team has not found suitable playback device so far, it says it has already made good progress in raising awareness of the topic. After all, this is broadcast-quality equipment from a bygone era."

I'm sorry but do you use AI to write your comments? It's "human reasoning would not (have) duplicated" and "would (have) edited it out". Of makes no sense at all.

Sulio

They cannot find support because they post their request on the shittiest and deep amateur group in Facebook - VCR and VTR. You cannot ask shitty amateur group for professional advise/equipment. If they was not si stupid xthey can reach PROFFESIONAL community where they can find solution. Proffesional communities ARE NOT on digitalfaq and videohelp forums. They are mostly hidden but for moeebresearchbon profesional organization like AMIA, IASA, FIAT they can be found. But those guys and girls are young amateurs and I do not give them too much chance for success.

Colloquial

Quote from: Not a Robot on January 02, 2024, 06:25:31
Quote from: George on January 01, 2024, 22:49:34...

Humans putting articles together often move paragraphs around looking for the best flow. Sometimes, that means a paragraph will get pasted in twice by accident. These websites generally don't have much editorial oversight to correct simple errors.

"Of" is a preposition. The verb you're looking for is "would have." "Would of" is an eggcorn.

I wish it were AI making the stupid mistakes. Sadly, those are made by people.

Wow you're obnoxious

Tophi

Quote from: Mark Graff on January 02, 2024, 03:06:43Maybe try playing them under your car tires like I do every copy of a Nickelback album i find in any format. Try that.

Haha yeah! Its fun to hate things! Let's destroy a master copy of something people enjoy, just because you don't! You're so cool, I bet you kick sandcastles at the beach too. It must be great being so popular, you must be really fun at parties.

Taka

Quote from: Tophi on January 02, 2024, 23:08:11
Quote from: Mark Graff on January 02, 2024, 03:06:43Maybe try playing them under your car tires like I do every copy of a Nickelback album i find in any format. Try that.

Haha yeah! Its fun to hate things! Let's destroy a master copy of something people enjoy, just because you don't! You're so cool, I bet you kick sandcastles at the beach too. It must be great being so popular, you must be really fun at parties.

You're amazing for this. Brilliant yet funny. "It's fun to hate things" so many layers to that alone 😂😂😂 tiny brain syndrome is on the rise apparently. Keep doing your part to quell it. Good work

Jacob

Hello all,

Jacob here, the translator of this article.

As some readers have already suggested, I can indeed confirm that the mistake of the duplicate paragraph was an error on my part. This was corrected shortly after publishing & quality control, but another technical error on my part meant that the mistake was not immediately rectified.

I apologize for the confusion. I would also like to affirm that the NBC team is committed to providing our readership with high-quality articles.

Cheers,

Jacob F

Boozehammer

This was my favorite show from the 90s.  I watched every Saturday and then it just disappeared.  I was devastated.  I really hope this comes back.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview