News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Eve wants to remodel your smart home with a Matter-enabled wall outlet that runs on Thread

Started by Redaktion, December 21, 2023, 15:10:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

In a recent announcement, Eve Systems makes it clear that smart plugs aren't the future of energy monitoring. The company has announced Matter-over-Thread wall outlets, in addition to Matter-enabled light switches and smart window blinds.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Eve-wants-to-remodel-your-smart-home-with-a-Matter-enabled-wall-outlet-that-runs-on-Thread.785798.0.html

Sacha

I have Wi-Fi 6E at home, an Apple TV 4K (2022), a HomePod mini, and everything is set up for a Thread network. All my bulbs are Nanoleaf Essentials (Thread, not Matter). I face daily slowdowns or connection losses, even with other gadgets from different brands. The only solution is to turn off the lights with physical wall switches. Removing this option means having to cut the power when it malfunctions. The promises are there, but not the realization.

Makani Kai

Quote from: Sacha on December 22, 2023, 11:14:30I have Wi-Fi 6E at home, an Apple TV 4K (2022), a HomePod mini, and everything is set up for a Thread network. All my bulbs are Nanoleaf Essentials (Thread, not Matter). I face daily slowdowns or connection losses, even with other gadgets from different brands. The only solution is to turn off the lights with physical wall switches. Removing this option means having to cut the power when it malfunctions. The promises are there, but not the realization.

I have the nanoleaf bulbs too and I'm certain they are degrading my thread network. There's lots of posts about it. The bulbs just have bad firmware. Hoping an update fixes it one day. My Eve thread devices always work. Nanoleaf needs to figure out their software.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview