News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus leaks entire AMD Ryzen 8000G Phoenix-based desktop CPU lineup with RDNA3 iGPUs

Started by Redaktion, December 15, 2023, 18:17:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new BIOS updates for the X670 mobos from Asus and ASRock include detailed specs for the upcoming Ryzen 8000G series. ASRock even shows a CPU-Z screen with the Ryzen 7 8700G coupled with 256 GB of DDR5 RAM.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-leaks-entire-AMD-Ryzen-8000G-Phoenix-based-desktop-CPU-lineup-with-RDNA3-iGPUs.783916.0.html

Anthonyk

AMD doesn't have "E cores" or "P cores". They have denser packed varients, but they are the exact same architecture and will clock the same, just be harder to cool.

Bogdan Solca

Bogdan Solca

Quote from: Anthonyk on December 15, 2023, 21:43:25AMD doesn't have "E cores" or "P cores". They have denser packed varients, but they are the exact same architecture and will clock the same, just be harder to cool.
Yes, AMD has full C-cores and smaller c-core variants, but I think readers would understand easier if I mention P and E since Intel introduced this concept first.

Mr Majestyk

Quote from: Bogdan Solca on December 15, 2023, 21:59:12
Quote from: Anthonyk on December 15, 2023, 21:43:25AMD doesn't have "E cores" or "P cores". They have denser packed varients, but they are the exact same architecture and will clock the same, just be harder to cool.
Yes, AMD has full C-cores and smaller c-core variants, but I think readers would understand easier if I mention P and E since Intel introduced this concept first.

No, this is an insult to AMD as their dense cores are far more performant than Intel's E cores and logically appear the same to the OS. They are not energy efficient cores and virtually have the same or even greater performance clock-for-clock as the regular cores. They also have hyperthreading. They are in no way like Intel E cores and should not be tarnished by calling them that.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview