News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The best camera smartphones 2023 in review - Apple and Xiaomi fall short of Samsung's best performance

Started by Redaktion, November 29, 2023, 17:11:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Get ready for the ultimate showdown in the quest for the best camera smartphone! The reigning champions, Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and Xiaomi 13 Ultra, face off against the new contenders, Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max and Google Pixel 8 Pro. Who will emerge as the photography champion? Let's dive into the battle!

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-best-camera-smartphones-2023-in-review-Apple-and-Xiaomi-fall-short-of-Samsung-s-best-performance.775522.0.html

A

QuoteThe best camera smartphones 2023 in review - <Brand1> and <Brand2> fall short of <Brand3>'s best performance

Can just put any brand names at any places in this one. It's more of a "like/dislike a specific photo at 100% zoom" DSLR cherry-picking all over. Small sensor camera tech and digital processing seemingly reached their dead end - and right now all four phones are very similar.

Enma45

This photography test gives the winner to Xiomi and Samsung, now we have to see the video test which many people are more interested in, I hope this website can do a review of the videos and their different options.
We are also interested in what role Artificial Intelligence plays here in these phone models.
Thank you.

NikoB

There is one important thing that everyone completely overlooks.

Looking at reviews and full-size (original) photographs of even top-end smartphones of 2023 in jpeg (and it is there by default everywhere), I see how they are inferior to smartphones of 2015 (in daylight) in terms of photo detail - due to the moronic decision and Apple , and Samsung, and Xiaomi, and oh horror(!) Sony - make small file sizes with jpeg.

I easily chose a separate soft camera (installed additionally), the size is 2-3 times larger for each jpeg image (but still significantly smaller than a raw copy from the matrix) and I can clearly see with a professional eye how detailed the images are than the default images .

What am I getting at? Moreover, more than 90% of buyers of top smartphones are stupid and lazy individuals who will shoot with the "default" settings on the camera, moreover, a factory one, and not a separately installed one with advanced settings that squeeze out everything from the sensor and optics.

As a result, an experienced and competent buyer (a rare beast on planet Earth), even on a cheap smartphone for $150, can easily get a picture in terms of detail quality (and therefore the realism of the picture) that is significantly higher than some idiot or female fool with a top-end smartphone when shooting with default settings for jpeg files.

So all these "professional" comparisons and "professional" ratings of smartphones based on camera quality on websites, if they are not done after careful tuning in the software for a specific hardware, are not worth a damn, because most smartphone buyers take pictures and videos with "on" settings default" as set from the factory. And no "AI" will help them if the saved jpeg file is 3 times smaller in size than needed to save the details. Well, perhaps when you open such a picture that has been compressed beyond measure, the "AI" will think of the details. Or he'll even come up with something like Samsung disgraced himself earlier by finishing the drawing of the Moon..))

Thank you for your attention. ;)

A

Quote from: NikoB on November 29, 2023, 21:43:48As a result, an experienced and competent buyer (a rare beast on planet Earth), even on a cheap smartphone for $150, can easily get a picture in terms of detail quality (and therefore the realism of the picture) that is significantly higher
From the author of bestsellers
"I will beat modern PC with $80 used Haswell Xeon from China"
"I will beat M3 Max with $1200 laptop"

Meet new blockbuster
"I will beat any flagship with $150 phone"

Quote from: NikoB on November 29, 2023, 21:43:48I can clearly see with a professional eye
You know how to make me laugh. )

Nico9191

QuoteThe iPhone 15 Pro Max can be purchased directly from Apple with prices starting at US$999.

Whaaat? The Pro Max starts from $1199 in US and €1499 in EU.

random commenter

Thanks for the review, but the image preview needs some update. It is long vertically and it can hardly fit my browser viewport.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview