News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Google Pixel 8 smartphone review: Compact and with 7 years of updates

Started by Redaktion, November 18, 2023, 01:48:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Pixel 8 is an all-round improved smartphone compared to its predecessor. The newcomer not only benefits from the bright 120 Hz display and a fingerprint reader that finally works - the biggest innovation is the extra long update support until 2030.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Google-Pixel-8-smartphone-review-Compact-and-with-7-years-of-updates.768436.0.html

A

Am I the only one opening reviews on 'Battery Life' first and then deciding if I want to read the rest?

RobertJasiek

Quote from: A on November 18, 2023, 13:34:45Am I the only one opening reviews on 'Battery Life' first and then deciding if I want to read the rest?

For most reviews, it is similar for me, but I look at a few aspects first:
- No notch?
- Display ratio
- Glare / matte?
- PWM?
- Ordinarily sized arrow keys?
- Noise Idle / Load (possibly for different fan modes)?
- WiFi battery duration (normal, max brightness)
If these do not exclude a device immediately, it becomes more likly for me to read the review in more detail. (However, I sometimes read a review nevertheless if the device interests me as an observer.)

Mr Majestyk

I find it amusing anyone would think a Pixel phone will last 7 years. Goggle QC is a joke.

Oh and a big fu to the morons that think needing to complete a captcha every single time you post is a good idea.

C

Quote from: A on November 18, 2023, 13:34:45Am I the only one opening reviews on 'Battery Life' first and then deciding if I want to read the rest?

Same! Well, almost. I check the comments section first before then going to battery section :P

And for anyone else who does similarly, here is the spoiler:

This Tensor G3 SoC is complete garbage efficiency-wise. 3:25 hrs under load max brightness? Under 4 hrs is worse than android phones from 2010. Jesus. The base S23 gets almost double with a smaller battery. The Xiaomi 13 gets more than double with a similarly sized battery. Both SD8Gen2 devices.

No wonder they've recently been discounted by 20% on amazon just weeks after being released. It actually makes sense now spending hundreds extra for a Snapdragon device.

tomi

Hello team, thank you for review!

Question: where is zero value at PWM graphs. Is it always at the bottom?
If this Pixel goes to from 1000 nits to zero, then it's a serious stobe effect :D I had Pixel 6 and it was awful. Google doesn't seems to improve duty cycle but goes up with brightness, this is making things worse i presume?

indy

Quote from: Mr Majestyk on November 19, 2023, 06:08:00I find it amusing anyone would think a Pixel phone will last 7 years. Goggle QC is a joke.

Have a Pixel Pro 7 with the Google Case and I've dropped it probably 20-25 times over the past year.  Not even a scratch. No issues with the phone hardware or software.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview