News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The new Outlook gives Microsoft access to Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, and IMAP accounts

Started by Redaktion, November 10, 2023, 13:39:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Replacing Mail, Calendar, and the classic Outlook, Microsoft's new Outlook for Windows might be a security problem for some users. Available as a part of Windows 11 and as a standalone app, it shares all emails, contacts, and events with Microsoft. The new Outlook can read, create, share, and even delete data.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-new-Outlook-gives-Microsoft-access-to-Gmail-Yahoo-iCloud-and-IMAP-accounts.766980.0.html

NikoB

What's the difference today - M$ and Google know almost everything about you, directly violating the laws with the connivance of the corrupt authorities of all countries. In addition, there is no particular choice, because... there is actually no competition. You either have red-eyed, buggy Linux with terrible ergonomics and a little more pleasant, but much more familiar at the level of hand memory, Windows, which most generations under 40 are familiar with from early childhood.

Outlook Express in XP was an excellent email program (although M$'s declarations of support for 2GB dbx files turned out to be a lie in practice - it vilely truncates files of approximately 1.2GB), Outlook from the office always had worse ergonomics than OE.

Unfortunately, M$ deliberately removed OE from W7+, so people began to look for alternatives who need to interrogate dozens of mailboxes with hundreds of folder sorting rules and fundamentally store all mail only locally, immediately removing everything from public mail services.

In addition, after the vile policy of almost all email services, like Google - which since last year no longer allows reading mail via POP3/IMAP4 without linking the phone to the account (i.e. deliberate and forced legal de-anonymization of the user), this has all become practically meaningless.

Today, all versions of Windows do not include a high-quality email client for serious work with email. The alternatives are also deplorable in terms of ergonomics. OE has never been surpassed in terms of customization flexibility.

The majority of the stupid population of the planet does not care about all this, there are problems with privacy and security of private life. Young people, especially the brainless generation Z, are essentially exhibitionists, although they naively think differently (they have already been brought up this way since school) and sometimes when you point out obvious problems to them, they are shocked or try to ignore them until their a** gets hot... .

NikoB

I read extremely funny news in the press the other day - that the "safe" Signal will unlink the user name from the phone number that was shown to contacts, which is forcibly requested during registration, as in all other messengers (except for a couple of very rare ones) and almost all email services popular among the population. People do not understand that this linking to a phone number is not done for the sake of their safety - but for the sake of their complete de-anonymization in the legal field and to clearly link the collection of information about them to their identity.

Does the stupid crowd know that when restoring an account using a phone number, for which "double authorization" is done, in practice it allows scammers and all intelligence agencies to temporarily replace the SIM in collusion with providers and log into a private account?

Moreover, when logging in using a complex password, without authorization by phone number, this is impossible without knowing the password. The stupid population does not understand this fundamentally.

NikoB

In fact, all popular postal services, all social networks are branches of state intelligence services, in practice. Stupid people in authoritarian countries write comments on such social networks in accounts linked to their phone number, and then are surprised that the police grab them - but these fools themselves signed that it was them. ))

Even Google services for the work of civil activists and journalists made me laugh with their obvious stupidity and the presence of real security problems, which are visible to me at first glance, they are obvious to anyone versed in technology and its problems. I don't believe that the people who did all this on Google are so stupid as not to understand this. This means that they do everything intentionally, i.e. They act in the interests of, among other things, the intelligence services.

A simple ban on logging in and receiving mail only with a password (given the obvious lie of corporations that it is unreliable - and this is a lie) already indicates that they are all representatives of the Axis of Evil.

And by the way, M$ against their background, especially in comparison with Google, still looks much better from this perspective...

NikoB

Recently I simply lost my old one Google mail account, because the moronic system said that it could not verify me, although the password was correct and it had not been changed for 5 years. At the same time, there are simply no recovery options, as was before (for example, with a request for letters and key phrases from many years ago), as was previously the case in gmail - previously, I successfully restored another account in this way (after all, no one except me and Google owned correspondence in this mailbox for 15 years!), but now this has become impossible due to the actions of Google management. And there is no any support and live(people) support. Google is so insolent that it simply ignores you. Yes, it's free, but the level of meanness of their system is off the charts. Why store mail in such a moronic service, where you, having mail for 15 years, cannot restore your account in any way, knowing the correct password (Google does not deny that the password is correct - it simply does not allow a person into his account under the delusional pretext that he cannot make sure that I am me).

Even more absurd in Google mail. I recently requested a backup of all data from another account that I have been using for exactly 20 years. I can still log in and operate, but when I try to download a file with ordered archives, the vile Google company requires me to set up double authorization, although I stubbornly refuse this. How do you feel about this? They let me create archives in my account and work freely with mail, but can I download the archives only when I link my phone?

Google has turned into a pure Evil corporation and generally violates the laws of confidentiality and simply the rules of decency. Taking everything to the point of absurdity.

Unlike these freaks from Google, the Outlook email service is still much more loyal and adequate.

It is surprising that the stupid majority of the population puts up with all this and does not notice all this for the most part. And then they are suddenly surprised that they already live in a totalitarian society. Serves you all right, you yourself chose this reality. It's only a pity for people who, like me, understand all this thoroughly, but the stupid crowd, the majority, do not allow us to effectively counteract this at the level of the state and society.

NikoB

How do the people working at Google differ in principle from the same professionals who attacked Ukraine for large amounts of money, by Russian standards, and killed Ukrainian military and civilians on their soil with the connivance of the West, which fears for its own skin? Google employees with high salaries are the same killers, only not yet of people, but of a free, civil society. They deliberately turn a blind eye to all these manifestations of evil and obvious totalitarian practices in their company (not all, I know, some people left there for reasons of principle in recent years and I am proud of them - these are the last real people on this planet who have the right to wear the title of Homo Sapiens, and not the banal homo erectus), because money and career are more important to them and as long as they are not forced to sit in dirty trenches, they are generally comfortable not noticing the sprouts of evil everywhere.

And when it's too late, after them and after them real murderers will come, doing dirty deeds for money, just like in Russia, who won't care about anything. Do you think that you are very far from this level? You are already one step away from this, people in the West.

RobertJasiek

Those "free" email services are now to be paid by identity.

If you live in the EU and are prohibited access to your files, the means to gain access is to win at the EU Court 2nd instance.

Practically speaking, I have always paid for an independent email service.

Google has issued several attempts to collect my Youtube identity and I have always refused. "Not now" is the applelesk button text. They punished, eh, rewarded my No Name name by a number suffix, LOL, who cares?

MG100

NikoB, you have written great comments with a lot of truth! I am pleased to see that humans like you still exist! Yes, that evil tries to grab all of us. Do not give up! There are others that fight against that evil no matter what!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview