News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Google Pixel 8 Pro review - Powerful Android smartphone with seven years of updates

Started by Redaktion, November 08, 2023, 18:54:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

This year, the Google Pixel 8 Pro shows improvements in many places, particularly with some overall optimizations of the cameras. But the secret highlight are the many new AI features of the smartphone and the seven years of guaranteed updates. Find out everything in our test.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Google-Pixel-8-Pro-review-Powerful-Android-smartphone-with-seven-years-of-updates.765989.0.html

keftes57

How can you list the battery life as a pro when every device from other manufacturers, that you have tested against, destroys it?

Julian M

Am I the only one who thinks the 7 years of updates will somehow turn into 3-4 years of new Android versions and the rest will be spotty security patches?

7 years is a lifetime in mobile, I cannot imagine any company who wants to support hardware beyond 5 years (Apple does it and they are trying their hardest to gradually stop doing that).

markiz

Quote from: keftes57 on November 08, 2023, 20:25:37How can you list the battery life as a pro when every device from other manufacturers, that you have tested against, destroys it?

Exactly. Ridiculous.

indy

I find it interesting that the browser benchmarks use a different browser/version for every phone, rendering the comparison incomplete. The Pixel 7 Pro's benchmarks are a year old, using a year old OS, Year old Browser.

I wonder how many benchmarks actually compare modern software/firmware/OS on all phones for a closer comparison?  I realize that is a *lot* of work,, but I imagine the differences noted would be less dramatic.

Hubert Satheesh

Quote from: keftes57 on November 08, 2023, 20:25:37How can you list the battery life as a pro when every device from other manufacturers, that you have tested against, destroys it?

When & how did a phone having pathetic battery life compared to its peers, became a +ve trait?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview