News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Ventana and Imagination Technologies develop RISC-V CPU-GPU that may outperform AMD's EPYC Bergamo 128-core CPU

Started by Redaktion, November 07, 2023, 15:45:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The upcoming Veyron V2 CPU coupled with the Imagination Technologies GPU can scale up to 192 cores and, thanks to new RISC-V RVA23 extension support, it is expected to beat AMD's EPYC Bergamo 120-core / 256-thread processors in certain workloads.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Ventana-and-Imagination-Technologies-develop-RISC-V-CPU-GPU-that-may-outperform-AMD-s-EPYC-Bergamo-128-core-CPU.765572.0.html

spuwho

Until it sees something other than a CPU designers screen and actually reaches taping or someone funds the fabbing of the design, its just a prediction based on simulations. Even if it does reaches taping, AMD will have moved on to something else and more performant. Being a RISC-V, it probably outperforms any application that takes advantage of a massive super pipelines.

kantzkasper

i've been waiting for any RISC-V laptop for a while.

i'll believe it when i see it (in an unpacking youtube video or in my own lap). until then, these news buzzes are all smoke and mirrors.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview