News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Zuckerberg's Metaverse loses over $25 billion, VR fans criticize Meta Quest 3

Started by Redaktion, October 29, 2023, 15:34:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Mark Zuckerberg's Metaverse has lost more than $25 billion since last summer. To cover the loss, Meta has fired about 21,000 employees. Optimism now relies on the Meta Quest 3 VR headset, which is cheaper than its previous versions, but already faces critique from VR enthusiasts on YouTube, the X-App and Reddit. Another positive aspect is the 3D Avatar technology, which Zuckerberg exhibits in a video set in virtual space to showcase the latest improvements.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Zuckerberg-s-Metaverse-loses-over-25-billion-VR-fans-criticize-Meta-Quest-3.763361.0.html

George

Think and say what you want about Meta and its CEO - they have dumped an unequaled amount of capital into VR!

Granted, one would have to wonder just where all the almost countless billions were spent given the lack of forward movement in VR technology in general and any notable 'break through' on ether front of software or hardware.

IMHO: until they fully embrace 'streaming' the on screen content from a suitable rendering device over WiFi6 and moving the battery pack to ones waist (leaving merely the display and sound on the users head) the headsets will remain large, heavy, bulky, uncomfortable and unwanted by most users.

Least we all forget that the general public mostly rejected the idea of wearing 3D 'glasses' the idea that same public would fork out for the hugely more expensive and uncomfortable VR headset is laughable at best.

paviko

I bought Quest 2 a year ago and I had more fun with it than anything else in the past 20 years. Now I have bought Quest 3 as soon as it came out. It is still a bit uncomfortable, and it lacks some AAA titles, but the overall technology is amazing not only for gaming. It would be a great loss if it will be abandoned.

Greg

Odd article but common close k bait for this site. The quest 3 is getting huge positive reviews and I've seen it as a Great Leap Forward. 

Raz

I don't know what you're talking about, Meta Quest 3 is flying like fresh buns on Amazon, it's nothing less than amazing, as someone who didn't manage to connect too much with Quest 1 and 2, I'm just addicted to Quest 3.

Jimboy

The quest 3 is brilliant I think it's the sweet spot for vr it's comfortable for the eyes not blurry and has a lot of experiences to well experience.also playstation invested in vr so both these companies must see some future in this technology.every one I know wants a quest 3 or has one I think it will do better then quest 2 .

RaymondCo

I think that the author of this article just don't like Mr Zuckenberg or is looking for attention. The quest series VR are just wonderful and men need to invest in a pioneering domain to have a clear domination.
Wait for Apple vr at 3500 and there you will see a huge flop.

lksilesian

It almost sounds like a paid anti-add... but on notebookcheck? Don't get me wrong I am the last person on earth to defend M.Z. But MQ3 is a very good piece of hardware, so good in fact that even though I didn't care about Oculus, Meta and all this nonsense, I went ahead I bought MQ3 - it is that interesting. And I do agree with previous commenters, article is soaked with personal hatred to M.Z. Which is not very professional. I do not visit notebookcheck for that.

Belosa

Can't relate to this article very much. Had the quest 2 and now the 512GB Auest 3 wich is nothing but amazing. You get an excellent piece of hardware wich you also can use as an pc vr headset and everybody i was showing it to was simply amazed.

Im not the biggest fan of Meta as a company vut this article feels a bit odd for an noteboolcheck standard.

Bill

Wow, talk about clickbait. This article is a big L. Everyone loves the quest 3. Seems like you're just trying to stir the pot for clicks and attention. Maybe do some real research next time instead of spreading manure like you're training for the BS Olympics 🙄

MD

Quote from: George on October 29, 2023, 18:24:17IMHO: until they fully embrace 'streaming' the on screen content from a suitable rendering device over WiFi6 and moving the battery pack to ones waist (leaving merely the display and sound on the users head) the headsets will remain large, heavy, bulky, uncomfortable and unwanted by most users.

I play tested the MQ3, and the first thing I did was connect over QuestLink to my PC. Fired up SteamVR, which worked right away, and jumped into Half Life: ALYX, all over WiFi (computer hardwired though). Player a handful of other games and experiences. It's already good to go and I'm honestly questioning if I'll ever turn my Vive back on.

Warren

Who wrote this garbage? They gave zero validation of any point they attempted to make and randomly injected topics in the most incoherent manner.

There are plenty free journalism/writing classes on sites like Coursera. I recommend talking one or a thousand.

Rad

Donna

I am still dealing with lost apps on my quest 2. I wouldn't be a huge deal; but they are my favorite apps. I am a simple player who likes the simplicity of have my apps available without complications. I think I'll wait!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview