News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dasung Not-eReader 133 is an Android tablet and e-ink monitor at the same time

Started by Redaktion, October 26, 2023, 23:29:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dasung presents a versatile e-ink tablet in the Not-eReader 133, which can also be used as an external monitor for a computer thanks to the HDMI input. With an economical and high-contrast E Ink Carta 1250 display, the tablet promises a particularly long battery life.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dasung-Not-eReader-133-is-an-Android-tablet-and-e-ink-monitor-at-the-same-time.762602.0.html

Sinocelt

Neenyah

Why do you need more than that for its purpose and intended usage? What would Android 13 or 14 bring there?

Sinocelt

Quote from: Neenyah on October 27, 2023, 10:16:26Why do you need more than that for its purpose and intended usage? What would Android 13 or 14 bring there?

• Newer Android versions have benefited from security improvements.
  • Some apps simply refuse to work with Android versions older than X. That was a problem with my old phone: some of the apps I had updated themselves... then told me they couldn't work with the Android version installed on my phone.

Neenyah

Good points Sinocelt and I know, I agree with you and with them completely. But this product here is basically an eReader despite the prefix "not" in its name, plus e-ink panels, while being absolutely amazing for reading and displaying a lot of static content, are really way too slow for regular/usual tablet-like usage, no? But as an eReader or especially as an external screen this product looks pretty damn fine despite now really obsolete Android version. I mean, how really important is up-to-date OS if you plan to use it as an external screen plugged in your PC to enjoy reading a lot of text on it, hm?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview