News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Extreme is history, from now on you only get the ThinkPad P1

Started by Redaktion, October 24, 2023, 10:05:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo's new ThinkPad P1 G6 is a very good mobile workstation with efficient GPUs as well as a bright IPS display. It also replaces the former multimedia flagship ThinkPad X1 Extreme, which is a questionable marketing decision.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-s-ThinkPad-X1-Extreme-is-history-from-now-on-you-only-get-the-ThinkPad-P1.761772.0.html

Mgli

So that's why I couldn't find any newest replacement for my 1st gen X1 Extreme. P1 doesn't sound half bad.

davidm

I think many people are in a holding pattern now to see what Meteor Lake is all about. Intel probably won't release the workstation version right away, but the December version could have unique features that are more important and won't be available elsewhere in a 9 month window. There is still a missing "perfect" Thinkpad configuration that they could provide; Meteor Lake with 32GB on-die memory and NPU combo that's comparable to RTX 4060 but with full shared memory access, yoga form factor, 3K touch OLED. If they can do that in under 2.5 pounds with great battery life, it'll be a much needed breakthrough to counter the absolutely embarrassing and harmful lead of Apple's M chips.

Ednumero

If I gather correctly from the photos in various reviews, the 4K(+) OLED display is an on-cell touch panel! Not only does this refresh bring back the option, but there's also no obscene and fragile edge-to-edge glass panel to begrudgingly accept alongside it. This is huge news.

Of course, I wish it were higher than 60Hz, and the PWM remains to be measured.

Bobby

Same exact boat as Mgli - happy Gen 1 X1 Extreme owner starting to think about a replacement, and was befuddled why in couldn't find one. Thanks for the helpful article!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview