News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Disappointing Core i9-14900K performance/watt vs Ryzen 7 7800X3D showcased as Intel CPU appears to guzzle energy

Started by Redaktion, October 23, 2023, 13:36:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new Intel Core i9-14900K is the company's follow-up to the 13th-gen Core i9-13900K. As shown by reviews, the Core i9-14900K is marginally faster than the 13th-gen and AMD Ryzen 7000 counterparts in non-gaming workloads. However, despite consuming considerably more power compared to AMD's competing chips in gaming, the CPU fails to take the performance crown from the Ryzen 7 7800X3D.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Disappointing-Core-i9-14900K-performance-watt-vs-Ryzen-7-7800X3D-showcased-as-Intel-CPU-appears-to-guzzle-energy.761067.0.html

NikoB

Please note - no comments from readers. Apparently the target audience doesn't care about consumption at all. =)

DantePierttyr

The Ryzen 7800x3D is the champion in efficiency and performance for games, while this i9 is a product that shouldn't exist.

Truther

Idk why anyone would be dissapointed this is always expected w/ Intel chips. Theyve always been far less efficiency than their AMD counterparts thats why AMD laptops always last between like 2-4 hours longer than their Intel versions.

Blueteamgo

I like how you are a laptop review and showing this chip demolishing the x3d in your graphs ..  just because tsmc is pumping out smaller nodes means nothing on their actual performance.. just a selling point no one cares about on a desktop sku. 20a and backside power delivery right around the corner for your mobile articles let's see you do an honest review on a mobile sku huh??. On package memory next. I can't wait to see everyone jump back on the blue train... Yeah, Intel is using tsmc for chiplets in the meantime until volume matures, the targets on the next chips are night and day different so expect a fast fn turnaround. Skylake refreshed 9million times started this but cmon. Driver support on and sucks. My .02.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview