News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nvidia purportedly wants its name on the Nintendo Switch 2 due to custom chip work and limited DLSS 3.5 support

Started by Redaktion, October 20, 2023, 19:53:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It has been alleged that Nvidia wants to be recognized for all the work it has purportedly put in on the Nintendo Switch 2. Along with likely sporting a custom Tegra SoC from Team Green, believed to be in the shape of the T239 chip, it seems the Switch 2 can also count on some limited DLSS 3.5 support to help it compete with the PS5 and Xbox Series X.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-purportedly-wants-its-name-on-the-Nintendo-Switch-2-due-to-custom-chip-work-and-limited-DLSS-3-5-support.760137.0.html

julian.vdm

What's next? Epic dragons, monsters, and anime waifus on the Switch box?

Honestly, I might be down for that hit of nostalgia.

Dante.F

I imagine they think people are stupid enough to think a 5-8w soc will match the performance of modern consoles with hundreds of watts of TDP headroom.

George

Quote from: Dante.F on October 20, 2023, 23:10:33I imagine they think people are stupid enough to think a 5-8w soc will match the performance of modern consoles with hundreds of watts of TDP headroom.

Indeed most of these rumors of possible performance surely require a large dump truck of salt!! LOL!

However it is believable that Nvidia might convince Nintendo to put some 'team Green' branding on the box.

Fxbit

Quote from: Dante.F on October 20, 2023, 23:10:33I imagine they think people are stupid enough to think a 5-8w soc will match the performance of modern consoles with hundreds of watts of TDP headroom.

Yes but the "modern" consoles are 4 years old, zen 2 designs. If you compare the current zen 4 with zen 2 you have already 30% better performance and nvidia is going to use ARM that in general is having  better power efficiency.
Moreover in the last 4 years you have much better GPU cores that they can use.

I am not sayings that they are not stretching the reality!!! But only in marketing way and not in fairytale way 😉

Sunshine and Rainbows

I imagine it will be more powerful than 5-8 watts. It could be between 15 and 45 watts.

s91

Quote from: Sunshine and Rainbows on October 22, 2023, 19:49:19

I imagine it will be more powerful than 5-8 watts. It could be between 15 and 45 watts.

Quote from: Fxbit on October 22, 2023, 15:42:24Yes but the "modern" consoles are 4 years old, zen 2 designs. If you compare the current zen 4 with zen 2 you have already 30% better performance and nvidia is going to use ARM that in general is having  better power efficiency.
Moreover in the last 4 years you have much better GPU cores that they can use.

Here's 2 of these people. Yes guys, the new Switch will be a 45W handheld that will use Nvidia's latest and greatest Ada cores instead of the Orin derived chip that was leaked years ago. Totally not a fairytale for the Switch to compete with devices that consume 40x more power and store similarly dated hardware.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview