News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Zen 5 flagship Ryzen 9 8950X outperforms 14th-gen Core i9-14900K in leaked single and multi-core Cinebench 2024 tests

Started by Redaktion, October 19, 2023, 10:40:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Cinebench 2024 Multi-Core and Single-Core scores for the Ryzen 9 8950X have leaked courtesy of RedGamingTech. The results allege the purported Zen 5 flagship to be up to 10% faster than the Ryzen 9 7950X while also beating the Core i9-13900K and even the Core i9-14900K in the multi-threaded test.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Zen-5-flagship-Ryzen-9-8950X-outperforms-14th-gen-Core-i9-14900K-in-leaked-single-and-multi-core-Cinebench-2024-tests.760037.0.html

Mr Majestyk

LOL talk of 30% IPC uplift and yet the "leaked" scores indicate much weaker progress... if it were shipping silicon. Why would anyone care about engineering sample leaks at least 6-9 months from launch.

Shsgssjsjszk

Quote from: Mr Majestyk on October 20, 2023, 08:40:59LOL talk of 30% IPC uplift and yet the "leaked" scores indicate much weaker progress... if it were shipping silicon. Why would anyone care about engineering sample leaks at least 6-9 months from launch.

These articles are so stupid, it sucks that they must be published in order to stay relevant in the world of journalism. Battles take place on grounds of leaks and speculation. I imagine in the future battles between rivals will be pure speculation, akin to your favorite childhood anime where the two foes simply have a stare-off for several episodes in a row.

Mage

Don't upgrade till 15genn folks unless you have a trash PC - if you have a 3600x or 9900k equivalent just wait!

Unless you do editing and that kind of stuff but if it's just gaming wait it out

KaiserTom

I'm still on a i7 6700k, which is barely starting to see it's age frankly, but I'm eyeing this generation for an upgrade.

KaiserTom

Quote from: Mr Majestyk on October 20, 2023, 08:40:59LOL talk of 30% IPC uplift and yet the "leaked" scores indicate much weaker progress... if it were shipping silicon. Why would anyone care about engineering sample leaks at least 6-9 months from launch.

Because the engineering samples are decently true examples. They are the few good chips that come off the line early in yield optimization. It takes 6-9 months to get yields, production, and backlog to an acceptable level before release. But that rarely comes with better performance and if anything worse performance if they relax the binning for them.

These are the numbers to expect. But I can guarantee you it does this at 2/3rds the power consumption of Intel, if not better. Which by itself is great performance/watt.

NikoB

AMD, for some strange reasons, has poor optimization, especially in laptops (where consumption is much more critical) in idle mode and at low loads, which eliminates all the energy efficiency in recent generations. AMD only wins significantly at full load in terms of performance per watt, but most hardware is used at loads below 50% more than 90% of the time.

Why AMD has such poor processor optimization at low load is an interesting question...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview