News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty tech review: Laptop and desktop benchmarks

Started by Redaktion, October 10, 2023, 16:58:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

In the past few years, hardly any game has been as highly anticipated as Cyberpunk 2077. Unfortunately, the RPG wasn't in a particularly good state technically at launch. Read our analysis to find out whether things have improved with the release of this DLC.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Cyberpunk-2077-Phantom-Liberty-tech-review-Laptop-and-desktop-benchmarks.758347.0.html

NikoB

The results clearly indicate that only desktop 4080 and above are truly adequate "gaming solutions" for 2023.

In 2024 and the desktop 4090 turns into a pumpkin...

All "gaming" laptops, including versions with the 4090, are overpriced non-gaming garbage. Wildly noisy and quickly burning out, while not providing comfortable fps even now even at 2.5k, because There are games where there is no longer even a minimum 60fps, without drawdowns. Not to mention 120Hz+.

4070 level cards are garbage compared to 3070Ti

The difference between 4050 and 4070 is ridiculous.

Fools buy "gaming" laptops with a lot of compromises. Smart people buy desktops with 4080 for much less money, which are much less noisy and will not burn out for more than 3 years and whose hardware is easily replaced with a new one...

George

While I dream of playing games like this in VR GPU technology will have to advance MUCH more for that to happen... :)

Back in the day the $64 question was: "can it run flight simulator" which over time graduated to "can it run Crisis" and every few years/generations some other title.

Here while even RTX4050's can run Cyberpunk 2077 @ FHD when we venture into QHD and UHD it highlights the limitations of our mobile/laptop GPU's.

I've owned this title for sometime (bought on sale) however I've been waiting for all the bugs to get worked out of it. :)

SeikoD

Quote from: NikoB on October 10, 2023, 18:31:40The results clearly indicate that only desktop 4080 and above are truly adequate "gaming solutions" for 2023.

In 2024 and the desktop 4090 turns into a pumpkin...

All "gaming" laptops, including versions with the 4090, are overpriced non-gaming garbage. Wildly noisy and quickly burning out, while not providing comfortable fps even now even at 2.5k, because There are games where there is no longer even a minimum 60fps, without drawdowns. Not to mention 120Hz+.

4070 level cards are garbage compared to 3070Ti

The difference between 4050 and 4070 is ridiculous.

Fools buy "gaming" laptops with a lot of compromises. Smart people buy desktops with 4080 for much less money, which are much less noisy and will not burn out for more than 3 years and whose hardware is easily replaced with a new one...

You could also pretty much argue that most work doesn't even need to be done on a desktop either or even windows machine. A $150 arm Chromebook probably meets the needs of most people or can be done on budget phone as well. That considering the general state of modern pc gaming industry in general, it's not just a waste getting a laptop but also a desktop because all games are being released in a broken state and not getting patched until years later. One could make the conclusion that considering today's gaming requires such sky high requirement hardware, you're better off just exiting pc gaming completely and going consoles if you wish to continue gaming.

I don't think anyone is arguing against gaming laptops being terrible value. They always were. However, laptops with dGPU are another matter. Funnily enough, in my experience, dGPU laptops have been more reliable (iGPU laptop couldn't update to newer windows version due to unsupported driver) and were able to handle thermals to far better (my iGPU laptop literally died from burning out). Personally, I plan on picking up a Zen4 APU + Nvidia GPU laptop next year after they drop in price due to Zen 5 being released. I only play 7 year old games anyway. Heck, a handheld would probably be enough for me but I rather not buy something that gets outdated within 6 months.

Priyanshu Sharma

The laptop GPUs mentioned here probably represent less than 1 percent of the gaming laptop market. What a stupid article that doesn't affect anybody.

Neenyah

Quote from: Priyanshu Sharma on October 11, 2023, 23:48:58The laptop GPUs mentioned here probably represent less than 1 percent of the gaming laptop market. What a stupid article that doesn't affect anybody.

4060 is at 1.92%. For the comparison, the 3060 is the most popular one among laptop dGPUs with 3.83%.

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview