News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

New AMD Strix Point leak points to big gains in cache size, core count, and iGPU performance vs Zen 4 Phoenix APUs

Started by Redaktion, October 06, 2023, 16:29:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The AMD Strix Point APUs are expected to launch sometime in 2024. Just like the Ryzen 7040HS Phoenix APUs, these Ryzen 8000 APUs could also integrate dedicated AI hardware in addition to Zen 5/5c cores and RDNA 3+ iGPU. According to the latest information from All_The_Watts, the Strix Point APUs could be based on TSMC's N4P process with a die size of 225 mm² and pack a total of 12 cores.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/New-AMD-Strix-Point-leak-points-to-big-gains-in-cache-size-core-count-and-iGPU-performance-vs-Zen-4-Phoenix-APUs.757669.0.html

DeepteshLovesTECH

Does this mean Strix Point 12 core APU is not monolithic?!!
Am I reading it incorrectly? Will it have the deal breaking idle power draw of Dragon Range 7045HX CPUs?!!
Please explain me, I'm hoping for a powerful efficient monolithic APU!!

Gee

Quote from: DeepteshLovesTECH on October 06, 2023, 20:29:52Does this mean Strix Point 12 core APU is not monolithic?!!
Am I reading it incorrectly? Will it have the deal breaking idle power draw of Dragon Range 7045HX CPUs?!!
Please explain me, I'm hoping for a powerful efficient monolithic APU!!

Current rumor is that Strix Point will be monolithic. Strix Halo is a larger, chiplet-based APU.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview