News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

First Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro 3D Mark stress test results surface, paint a potentially ugly picture for Tensor G3

Started by Redaktion, October 05, 2023, 14:29:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro have landed and bring many new features largely delivered through AI software algorithms that are Google's speciality. The Tensor G3, however, features pretty standard Arm-based architecture across the CPU and GPU, but the early testing isn't promising in terms of either performance or efficiency with Samsung's nodes once again under scrutiny.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/First-Pixel-8-and-Pixel-8-Pro-3D-Mark-stress-test-results-surface-paint-a-potentially-ugly-picture-for-Tensor-G3.757268.0.html

More on

What is the difference between 58.7% of the pixel 8 pro and 58.7% for the S23 ultra? Did you think before you wrote this?  It performs the same on the stress test but it's got a real problem?

Jenifer45

It is clear that the SnapDragon 8 gen 2 is a processor that took a leap in quality that has not been able to surpass the Tensor G3 but one thing Google has and that is the Artificial Intelligence Software very well prepared for the G3 while SD8 gen2 still has There is a lot to do but the developers are already doing their part in developing apps that use the full potential of SD8 gen 2.
If I had to choose between S23 and Pixel 8, I would choose S23 without hesitation because it is much more balanced than the Pixel.

Sanjiv Sathiah

Quote from: More on on October 05, 2023, 17:08:25What is the difference between 58.7% of the pixel 8 pro and 58.7% for the S23 ultra? Did you think before you wrote this?  It performs the same on the stress test but it's got a real problem?

To clarify, the results you have quoted are not from the same version of the stress test. The result of 57.8% for the Pixel 8 Pro's Tensor G3 is for the standard Wild Life Stress Test. In this version of the stress test, the S23 Ultra scores 69% - much higher. It is only in the much more demanding Wild Life *Extreme* Stress Test that the S23 Ultra dropped to 58.7% for stability.

As I mentioned in the article, we don't yet have a result for the Tensor G3 running the Wild Life Extreme version of the stress test. One can only assume it will be substantially lower than this — quite possibly below 50%.

Rest assured our reviewer will put the Tensor G3 through our famously thorough testing regime in our upcoming full review of the Pixel 8 Pro. These may or may not confirm what appear to be poor results for a late 2023 flagship chips based on the initial benchmark results that have surfaced thus far.

Gui

I struggle to understand what is the vision of google for pixel phones. Is to deliver a phone tuned with AI ?

7Pro is my first pixel and the camera is incredible and thats it. Charging speed is terrible (worst than my 4 year old xiaomi), performance is just ok, software doesnt seem as stable as a samsung, 5g doesnt work when I travel to some countries.

So it fails as a flagship phone and for it price tag I regret about not buying a snapdragon xiaomi.

They should just sell the camera...

Gatorguy

I fully understand the reasoning behind bench tests, but I don't understand, and you did not explain, how the end-user would be impacted.

In what apps or use cases would the Pixel 8 Pro have a "serious problem"? Outside of perhaps (??) extreme gaming typically done on the desktop, are there other situations where the Pixel will fail? I think that would be an important thing to add to the article instead of just straight stress test results. I'm not sure they tell a potential buyer anything about what to expect for an experience with these new Pixels.

If one truck has a top speed of 140 while another only goes to 120 the speed test doesn't tell us how our trucks will perform for their intended tasks.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview