News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Elon Musk proposes Cybertruck tungsten carbide coating to curtail scratches and fingerprints

Started by Redaktion, September 14, 2023, 22:28:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Elon Musk's latest wild Cybertruck tweet suggests offering the stainless-steel-skinned electric pickup truck with an optional tungsten carbide coating for added durability. This would theoretically address concerns of scratches ruining the raw metal's finish, which would be much more difficult to repair than paint.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Elon-Musk-proposes-Cybertruck-tungsten-carbide-coating-to-curtail-scratches-and-fingerprints.750511.0.html

Lassokid

Who cares what paint finish it will have, that's gotta be the ugliest truck I've ever seen on the road! eeek I'll design one for you Elon, my God.

toto1234

Dan6

God, how ugly it is... Who's going to buy it? I hope they are just having fun with this camouflage and real body will be presented later. Otherwise I can't imaging driving it and knowing that everyone around looks at you and think that your car is geometrical mess and you're just Elon's fanboy..

Jim2023

SimonCCB

More Dunning Kruger stupidity from Musk. 

Tungsten carbide won't stop finger prints and other dirt/grease/gunk (actually it tends to show them more)

Applying this by HVOF is hugely expensive and you still need to finish it afterwards by grinding

HVOF doesn't like corners which there are a lot of on that vehicle

It is a surface coating with no metallurgical bond meaning if you flex a panel you risk it popping off

It won't stop any scratch deeper than the coating thickness.

Ish

Quote from: Paulnnnnnnnnnn on September 15, 2023, 14:17:28First year production sold out al ready....

Yes, there are a lot of tech bros with too much money and not enough brains...

Quote from: Dan6 on September 15, 2023, 07:42:11God, how ugly it is... Who's going to buy it? I hope they are just having fun with this camouflage and real body will be presented later. Otherwise I can't imaging driving it and knowing that everyone around looks at you and think that your car is geometrical mess and you're just Elon's fanboy..

Exactly... only people who are dumb enough to buy Tesla are tech bros and Elon fanboys... otherwise known as Muskrats. The same type of people who bought Trump Steaks, Trump Vodka and went to Trump University--gullible people who mistake confidence for knowledge / power.

Anyone I see driving a Tesla I assume either: 1) embraces it and is a total douchebag or 2) is ashamed they are supporting the king of douchebags and knows everyone assumes they are a 1).

Just bought an EV myself... wouldn't consider a Tesla so long as their QC is shite and the company is run by the human embodiment of a wet fart.

Quote from: Neenyah on September 15, 2023, 00:00:56Cybertruckcheck.net

I used to come to NBC on a daily basis for the tech news. Rarely come any more primarily due to the Musk spam. NBC is so far up his a** it isn't funny.

Mike Zirinsky

schinud omsub

I admired the concept of the first Cybertruck introductory prototype. Those genius product engineers have developed it to become a kitsch for rich spoiled Silicon Valley geeks.

Electrons Rule

Jeepers! All the haters have come out! You can hate the styling but crapping over other people's opinions or taste is just juvenile. The ame things were said about the Model S and Tesla seems to have done fine since then. Sure Elon is a basket case, but you're not buying him! To solve this finish issue: why not just clear wrap it from factory?

Neenyah

Quote from: Ish on September 15, 2023, 22:28:07I used to come to NBC on a daily basis for the tech news. Rarely come any more primarily due to the Musk spam. NBC is so far up his a** it isn't funny.
Similar, pretty much. But I tend to ignore this subforum (checking it quickly once per day on average) and even Notebookcheck.net altogether so I just search through "Reviews" here on the board to find what's new. Because the only other option is to filter through 50% of all content being Musk-spam.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview