News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Panasonic launches Lumix G9II micro four thirds flagship with phase-detect AF and 60 fps continuous shooting

Started by Redaktion, September 13, 2023, 13:46:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Panasonic has launched the second-gen LUMIX G9II, its new flagship in the micro four thirds mirrorless segment, and the first of its kind with hybrid phase-detect AF, in addition to AI-based subject detection. It has a faster 25.2 MP sensor, 8-stop IBIS and can capture at up to 60fps in continuous shooting mode.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Panasonic-launches-Lumix-G9II-micro-four-thirds-flagship-with-phase-detect-AF-and-60-fps-continuous-shooting.749047.0.html

NikoB

It took the disgraceful Panasonic almost a full 15 (since the introduction of the GH1) years to introduce what others had for a long time.

And most importantly, the weight of the Panasonic camera of all these series has increased monstrously. GH2 (which also had a multisensor, which was later abandoned) weighed a little more than 400g, and all the new monsters weigh 700g. What is the point of the MFT system now, if the camera weighs almost the same as a camera + optical lens with a zoom weighed before?

And by the way, Panasonic optics for MFT are not of particular quality - the resource of the lens mechanics is too low - 20-25k focusing in reality. Maybe it will be better with phase sensors, but with contrast sensors everything was exactly like that. And it was extremely difficult to shoot the video. I had to turn off automatic contrast focusing all the time and constantly press refocus while recording video in order to catch the desired focus, which additionally reduced the lens resource to rubbish many times faster...

Vishal Bhardwaj

While I can't comment on the quality of the optics, I do agree with you on the other two points.
Panasonic is boasting about phase detect like it's a huge innovation, even though it's been around for ages in every camera that's not a compact point-and-shoot. And size/weight is a major draw for MFT cameras. I feel MFT cameras only remain appealing to those who've already invested heavily in the lenses.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview