News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Cybertruck closeups show angular interior and HW4 camera as well as tailgate and tonneau controls

Started by Redaktion, September 11, 2023, 09:53:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Tesla is going all in on the edgy design of the Cybertruck, as even the cupholders, armrest and seat adjustment buttons are now angular, too. Previously, the prototype that design chief Franz von Holzhausen drove had regular round cupholders.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Cybertruck-closeups-show-angular-interior-and-HW4-camera-as-well-as-tailgate-and-tonneau-controls.748394.0.html

Incredulous

Those wheels, with the rims protruding over the tire wall. Doesn't that introduce a risk of damaging/blowing the tire wall when the driver inevitably kerbs the wheels?

Zoolook

Yeah, looks horrible, it seems they have shifted from the planned placement, not to mention you apparently need special tires, and there is already damage.

Looks pretty ugly as well, but it's still prototype level I guess.

DragonsSpawn

Quote from: Incredulous on September 11, 2023, 15:03:05Those wheels, with the rims protruding over the tire wall. Doesn't that introduce a risk of damaging/blowing the tire wall when the driver inevitably kerbs the wheels?

Those are plastic wheel covers. They are too soft to damage the tire, and would protect the wheel underneath from damage in the event of a curb. Tesla's been using aero wheel covers for a while now.

BobKing

There'll be a barrage of hipsters and those with deep pockets who have to have one as some sort of status symbol (like waiting in line for the latest iPhone), but its usefulness as an actual truck...?  I guess it doesn't matter, most pick up trucks haul nothing but air these days. Wouldn't want to mar the bedliner, after all.

JBoy

Does anyone have the actual length of the truck? With all the prototypes on the road cant imagine they are going to change the length at this iteration. Looking to build a new garage to house my cybertruck and would like to know in advance.

henkkaj

What could they have possibly been thinking of wirh the tailgate/tonneau cover buttons positioned on top of the truck exposed to elements?
Try to get the tailgate open while the buttons are covered in an inch of ice?
Been on the waiting list since day one but I'm not going to be able to work in Scandinavian winter with a truck designed for Arizona desert :-(
Hope they have a 4x4 Cargo version of the lwb ID.Buzz coming out next year because every news article I read about the Cybertruck it seems less and less like a rust-free ultimate work horse and more like a california beach party accessory.

Z

Quote from: henkkaj on September 12, 2023, 07:49:02What could they have possibly been thinking of wirh the tailgate/tonneau cover buttons positioned on top of the truck exposed to elements?
Try to get the tailgate open while the buttons are covered in an inch of ice?
Been on the waiting list since day one but I'm not going to be able to work in Scandinavian winter with a truck designed for Arizona desert :-(
Hope they have a 4x4 Cargo version of the lwb ID.Buzz coming out next year because every news article I read about the Cybertruck it seems less and less like a rust-free ultimate work horse and more like a california beach party accessory.

Umm... You can use your phone? 🤷🏾�♂️

Informed

Already seen a video of the wheel covers flying off on the highway, they are clearly misaligned in this picture from where they were installed. Can't imagine they won't get revised or recalled soon.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview