News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

GoPro’s Quik video and photo editing app coming to desktop soon

Started by Redaktion, September 07, 2023, 11:16:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

GoPro has announced that its Quik mobile app for video and photo editing, will soon be available as a desktop application for those with a GoPro subscription. The application will be released for Mac on November 1 and for Windows in Summer 2024.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/GoPro-s-Quik-video-and-photo-editing-app-coming-to-desktop-soon.747612.0.html

Joseph Bolton

I've had go pro quik on my desktop for over a year already, it's a legacy application. I think they are making a brand new app altogether. I checked go pros website and the legacy download is gone for go pro quik. most of the features listed above are already in the desktop application such as cloud syncing across devices.

Rishabh

You should first work on previous versions. It's crashing every time when video is larger than 4 minutes. Desktop app is also same.you cannot even edit a whole video.

David Chase

I fear it will suck, GoPro hasn't got much of a track record with video editing software.  The only reason I ever used it was because it would show the highlight marks.

Ads

Very true Rishabh.  Last week I went through the whole ordeal with support until they came back and told me the two iPhone 14 Pros I tried were the problem.  Then stopped replying.  Didn't comment on why the Android I tried also didn't work LOL

I'm looking forward to the Mac version with an open mind but my list of unresolved grievances with GoPro is substantial.

Quote from: Rishabh on September 09, 2023, 01:09:49You should first work on previous versions. It's crashing every time when video is larger than 4 minutes. Desktop app is also same.you cannot even edit a whole video.

Alistair

And surprise surprise it's now a month late.  No communication from GoPro.  They simply started to remove any reference to Nov 1st after actively selling people subscriptions based on a Nov 1st release.  Completely shady behaviour.  Terrible terrible company.  Decent camera.

Sam smith

Guess what? now they are removing any reference to 2023!! now it just says coming to mac and windows in 2024. What a joke of a company. Tricking people into buying their hardware and then vaporware. Waiting for the class-action lawsuit.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview