News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Google Pixel Tablet review - Google revises its tablet and offers the better iPad

Started by Redaktion, September 04, 2023, 12:32:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With the Pixel Tablet, Google offers an exciting alternative to the Apple iPad 10 or Galaxy Tab S9. The 10.95-inch Pixel tab is not only a classic tablet, but, together with its docking station, it is also a smart home hub or a smart speaker with an XXL display, á la Apple's HomePod.    

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Google-Pixel-Tablet-review-Google-revises-its-tablet-and-offers-the-better-iPad.745966.0.html

Swizzy

Considering the price this seems an incredibly mediocre tablet. Aged A76 cores, small battery, slow charging, thick bezels, slow storage compared to competition. The score doesn't really seem justified, especially for the price. The 5 years worth of updates is the only decent thing here.

DJ

LL

I don't see coherence in this review.
It is even stranger not seeing the cameras lack of auto focus being part of cons and being made reference in the end.

Swizzy

Quote from: DJ on September 04, 2023, 16:12:10"small battery"

Considering the battery life could you explain how this is a problem?
Did you read the review?
"Energy management - The Pixel Tablet has a small battery". Not my words. Yes the battery life is good for its size but for the tablets size it's small and charges slow.

DJ

"Energy management - The Pixel Tablet has a small battery". Not my words. Yes the battery life is good for its size but for the tablets size it's small and charges slow."

Yes, the charging slowly part is bad, but I don't see how the small size of the battery is itself a problem. Lighter battery with more battery life than its competitors is good.

Swizzy

Quote from: DJ on September 05, 2023, 12:41:50Yes, the charging slowly part is bad, but I don't see how the small size of the battery is itself a problem. Lighter battery with more battery life than its competitors is good.
Not sure where you get this idea from that it is a "problem". My initial comment simply pointed out that all in all the specs are super mediocre for the price.
The recent Huawei MatePAd 11.5" is a great example. Slightly slower but very comparable if not better in many aspects than the Pixel Tablet for literally half the price. Please read carefully what I initially wrote. I never said the Pixel Tablet is BAD, those are your words. I said it was MEDIOCRE which for me doesn't justify the high score considering the high price.

Julian M

89% feels like an awfully generous score given this product's shortcomings and mind-boggling limitations - it's not a bad tablet, but for 2023 and at price, it certainly should be much better than this (and a free speaker dock does nothing to fix this).

DJ

"I never said the Pixel Tablet is BAD, those are your words. "

They most certainly are not my words at all.

Yes it does seem like a very mediocre product for the price, but you keep saying very crazy things for some reason.

"The recent Huawei MatePAd 11.5" is a great example. Slightly slower but very comparable if not better in many aspects than the Pixel Tablet for literally half the price."

I have no dispute with any of that. I said what I said but you wrongly thought that my words were about you calling the tablet bad.

I have no dispute with the fact that this is a mediocre product that nobody is calling terrible, I am just confused by such crazy statements you're accompanying that perfectly sound assessment with.

indy

My notes:

Big Buck Bunny is archaic. Perhaps it's time to move to something more HD and with a different codec (AV1)?

The browser scores are disappointing. Probably my primary use case and it would be nice to see something in this price range have good browser scores AND movie playback. I will never use Apple/Safari.

Actually a decent tablet from a top-tier manufacturer given the cost. Might bite if it drops for black Friday. The quick account switching is neat for my partner and myself...

Thanks for the review!

joel

Love this tablet for two reasons.

1) The dock is great, I have two, one in kitchen and one in study and it beats the audio out of any other tablet I have tried even Samsung s8 tab ultra. (though this is when using dock).

2) CalyxOS supports it, so I can have a boot-loader re-locked google free android open source.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview