News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

2023 Acer Swift Edge 16 with Ryzen 7 7840U APU and 120 Hz OLED panel gets massive US$300 off at Best Buy

Started by Redaktion, September 01, 2023, 14:32:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The latest Acer Swift Edge 16 with a Ryzen 7 7840U CPU, 16 GB of RAM, 1 TB SSD, and a 16-inch OLED display is currently down by a whopping US$300 at Best Buy. With the discount, the laptop is now back to its lowest price to date from earlier in August.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/2023-Acer-Swift-Edge-16-with-Ryzen-7-7840U-APU-and-120-Hz-OLED-panel-gets-massive-US-300-off-at-Best-Buy.745669.0.html

dsadasdsa

M44

Quote from: dsadasdsa on September 01, 2023, 16:28:40Waiting for a review on this, especially the pwm for the screen is interesting

The previous gen supposedly had 240Hz PWM. Hope it's better on this 120Hz model. This has been out long enough at this point. Wish notebookcheck would review it soon.

Neenyah

Yeah, 60-240 is on like 99.8% of all OLED-panel laptops so it's highly unlikely to be different here.

julia_top

For that price this laptop will become a bestseller, it has everything and the most surprising thing is the Wiffi 7 and the 120Hz OLED screen and what catches my attention the most is the few laptops with USB 4.0 and HDMI 2.1.
In Europe we want those prices and it will disappear from the stores.
The manufacturers are finally listening to the users and a great job by ACER.
I look forward to seeing a review of this model very soon.

Kcb

I bought one of these and returned it. The build quality was crap. The default tdp of the CPU is super limited by Skin Temperature throttling. I have an LG Gram and its a way better product overall.

Ally

Switch to 32 gb memory and have the camera support windows hello. Then they'll have fleshed out the concept of the type of thin-light system the 7840u is meant for. It will be nice when we get reviews that make it clear about the build quality and any throttling and such.

Neenyah

Quote from: Ally on September 15, 2023, 14:53:55...7840u... ...when we get reviews...
The CPU was announced in 2022, it became "available" in March this year. Yet it's borderline impossible to find anywhere to get it, at least not without long time for delivery (ThinkPad P14s with PRO 7840U is the fastest in terms of availability despite not being immediately in stock). It's embarrassing for AMD that they can't ensure availability of their own product while Intels are available to get immediately from the very first day upon launching them.

AMD is always one step ahead of competition in giving promises and "performance on paper" but it's also always one step behind competition when that product gets to be available on the market. As example, the i7 1360P is pretty much identical in performance with this R7 7840U ( https://www.notebookcheck.net/R7-7840U-vs-i7-1360P_15023_14731.247596.0.html ). And that same i7 1360P is available right now, this moment, in literally any relevant store/seller in the whole EU including various OEM's own sites. You can't do the same with the 7840U and when AMD finally gets their 💩 together and produce enough quantities of them to get them widely available somewhen in 2024 - Intel will be stomping them in performance with their 14th gen because AMD was too late.

They already announced their "revolutionary" 8000 series Zen 5 whatever ( https://www.notebookcheck.net/New-AMD-Zen-5-and-Strix-Halo-leak-suggests-potentially-lower-clock-speeds-vs-Zen-4-chips-as-Strix-Halo-APUs-could-debut-in-ASUS-TUF-laptops.742857.0.html ), it's difficult to even get those announcement serious anymore because on paper it will be probably better than Intel but you won't be able to buy it, as usual with them and when it gets to be available to purchase and use - there will be newer and faster Intels for the same price.

It's hard to take AMD serious when they are not serious about themselves.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview