News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 for Galaxy: Qualcomm tailors exclusive quad-cluster design with higher boost clocks for 2024 Samsung flagships

Started by Redaktion, August 28, 2023, 20:55:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Recent Geekbench leaks point to Qualcomm offering an exclusive quad-cluster configuration for the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 for Galaxy. While the regular 8 Gen 3 uses a 1+5+2 tri-cluster configuration, the 8 Gen 3 for Galaxy features a 1+3+2+2 quad-cluster with increased boost clocks. This Samsung-exclusive SoC is expected to feature in 2024 Samsung flagships such as the Galaxy S24 Ultra and will likely be made available to other OEMs later that year.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Snapdragon-8-Gen-3-for-Galaxy-Qualcomm-tailors-exclusive-quad-cluster-design-with-higher-boost-clocks-for-2024-Samsung-flagships.744466.0.html

Mr Majestyk

Idiotic. Last thing a tiny volume smartphone needs is higher clocks/more heat = more throttling. It's for moronic benchmark bragging with no benefit to the consumer at all. Qualcomm should either stop licensing ARM IP and do a smarter architecture or stop focusing on peak clock speed as being important at all

Frozoken

Learn how binning works buddy. They're done on 3 of the 5 cores for a reason, the best samples can reach those clocks without more voltage, that's the entire point. Also no, seeing my s20 plus is now tanking in performance with at best, half a year more time than my s7 took. I'll buy into the bs notion that extra performance doesn't help when both phones aren't running very noticeably slower 3 years into their lifespan like my s7 and s20 did.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview