News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Elon Musk takes FSD Beta V12 on 45-minute rush hour demo while musing over stop sign regulations

Started by Redaktion, August 26, 2023, 11:50:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Elon Musk found time to do the promised Full Self-driving Beta V12 test live stream and went for it for 45 minutes during rush hour. He said FSD V12 drivers are now testing the software in places like New Zealand, Norway, or Japan.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Elon-Musk-takes-FSD-Beta-V12-on-45-minute-rush-hour-demo-while-musing-over-stop-sign-regulations.744057.0.html

arnastu

Only one person in 200 comes to a full stop? How did they measure that? Because that isn't my experience, or even vaguely sort-of close to it. 4-way stops, nearly everyone completely stops. So they would have had to delete 4-ways. Stop-before-merging often requires you to stop, because cars are coming. I guess if they used a stop sign on a country road as their test case, maybe it would be true, but I'm still doubting it. I've often had to stop behind fully-stopped cars at stop signs, where not only do they stop, but they take their time getting going again. 1 in 200? Just another Musk lie, I think.

dumrox

The claim is that only 1 in 200 people come to a complete stop at all stop signs, not that only 1 in 200 completely stop at any given sign.

Handbanana

I wonder how they quantify "all stop signs". Is it .5% of drivers have never fail to come to a complete stop at a stop sign their entire life, after a thousand stop signs, over the course of a year, a week? It's a ridiculous statistic. I'm paranoid of the police so I rarely fail to come to a complete stop but maybe once a year or so I do.

Nixter

If you don't come to a complete stop at an intersection, you risk liability or partial liability for someone who runs through without stopping at all. This happened to me, I almost came to a complete stop, but the other driver did not even slow down, and hit me, but the Insurance Company determined through arbitration that I was 20% at fault because I did not come to a complete stop.

It's not a simple matter of following the letter of the law comma it's a matter of risk and liability.

mixedfish

Not stopping at a stop sign is the same as running a red light.

There are of course low IQ drivers who will argue the silliness of it. But there is no need stoop to their levels.

Vadimir6669

Where I live you could turn 95% of the stop signs into yield signs and the only thing that would change would be the ability of the cops to pull you over at 2am on a desolate road in the middle of nowhere, just to extort money and fish for a reason to arrest you. Half the laws in this country exist for no other reason than to enable government/police profiteering.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview