News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel NUC 13 Pro Kit - Vivid Canyon review: The last Intel NUC has a new case and a Core i7-1360P

Started by Redaktion, August 16, 2023, 12:17:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The release of the Intel NUC 13 Pro Desk Edition Kit aka Vivid Canyon presumably marks Intel's last mini PC of the branch. Visually, Intel has given the finishing touch to the device by correcting most of its predecessor's points of critique. In this review, you can find out about what else Intel's final NUC based on the Intel Core i7-1360P has to offer.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-NUC-13-Pro-Kit-Vivid-Canyon-review-The-last-Intel-NUC-has-a-new-case-and-a-Core-i7-1360P.741490.0.html

Neenyah

Beautiful little device. That design update was much needed and it's packing some great specs. Thanks for the review and especially for testing it with an eGPU, that was very useful to see (especially because I have the same GPU in my eGPU setup 😁).

Hunter2020

These kinds of mini-PCs are no fun.  It's better get SBC computer like Orange Pi 3B that has eDP output so you can directly plug in any laptop screen of your choice!

Neenyah

So Rockchip RK3566 is suddenly comparable in performance and usability with i7 1360P? Also eMMC, also 2-8 GB RAM, also no eGPU expandability, also... You name it.

Julian M

The two USB-A ports on the front look out of sync with how current this thing is supposed to be, let alone that very weird USB 2.0 port on the back - there's a single USB-C/TB port on the back, too.

Room for two storage devices is fine, except when you get to the details of the second slot: m.2 2242 and SATA only? Wow, this is awful, a 2.5 in bay for a big SATA drive would have made more sense if they couldn't find it in them to outfit an 800€ computer with a second NVMe slot.

Sad to see NUCs so crappy, now we won't feel bad the line is getting retired.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview