News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus VivoBook 14X OLED K3405 Laptop Review: No-frills multimedia laptop with Core i5-13500H and vibrant 2.8K OLED display

Started by Redaktion, August 08, 2023, 07:20:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new Asus VivoBook 14X OLED K3405 brings several notable improvements to the table including the Intel Core i5-13500H and a 2.8K OLED display. The VivoBook 14X OLED aspires to be sought after as a capable multimedia laptop and manages to achieve this for the most part. However, some of Asus's choices, such as using the now-ageing 35 W Nvidia RTX 3050, raise an eyebrow.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-VivoBook-14X-OLED-K3405-Laptop-Review-No-frills-multimedia-laptop-with-Core-i5-13500H-and-vibrant-2-8K-OLED-display.726592.0.html

julia_top

And for when ASUS will put ZEN 4 7040 with iGPU RDNA 3 that surpasses all the intel that can come out.
I don't understand it. AMD has the best quality/price processor and manufacturers still don't use it, when the general public is demanding configuration with AMD.

Poster

Quote from: julia_top on August 08, 2023, 17:41:35And for when ASUS will put ZEN 4 7040 with iGPU RDNA 3 that surpasses all the intel that can come out.
I don't understand it. AMD has the best quality/price processor and manufacturers still don't use it, when the general public is demanding configuration with AMD.

Majority of manufacturers are in bed with Intel. They don't care.
Most companies don't care what consumers think or want, only what Wall Street etc. think.
Plus I also believe AMD is trying to milk what profits they can get with all their refreshed parts in their Apu portfolio (7020,7030,7035) and therefore manufacturers won't have any reason to switch since intel can offer their 12th and 13th gen refreshed parts as well.

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: Raccoon on August 15, 2023, 15:08:41Hi, are there plans for review of ASUS Vivobook 16x k3605?
Hi there. Yes, hopefully after the VivoBook Pro 16 K6602 that's under way

Rumi

Hi Vaidyanathan, great review! I have the 2.8K i5-13500H RTX 2050 variant and I barely get three hours of websurfing at average brightness. What settings were you testing the websurfing in the review with?

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: Rumi on September 09, 2023, 17:15:56Hi Vaidyanathan, great review! I have the 2.8K i5-13500H RTX 2050 variant and I barely get three hours of websurfing at average brightness. What settings were you testing the websurfing in the review with?
Thank you, Rumi. As mentioned in the "Testing Conditions" section, the power profile was set to Standard for battery tests. For Wi-Fi websurfing and H.264 battery tests, we set the brightness to a standard 150 nits unless specified. The VB 14X doesn't offer a MUX switch AFAIK, but do check on that just in case in the MyAsus app.

Rumi

Quote from: Vaidyanathan on September 11, 2023, 17:08:23
Quote from: Rumi on September 09, 2023, 17:15:56Hi Vaidyanathan, great review! I have the 2.8K i5-13500H RTX 2050 variant and I barely get three hours of websurfing at average brightness. What settings were you testing the websurfing in the review with?
Thank you, Rumi. As mentioned in the "Testing Conditions" section, the power profile was set to Standard for battery tests. For Wi-Fi websurfing and H.264 battery tests, we set the brightness to a standard 150 nits unless specified. The VB 14X doesn't offer a MUX switch AFAIK, but do check on that just in case in the MyAsus app.

I couldn't find a MUX switch either, but I don't see the dGPU in use while browsing the web. What browser were you using? I looked around and many seem to agree on the 3-4–hour battery life in general usage.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview